Join for free
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 04:18 PM

Yesterday and today photos

I've had a couple of busy days being out with friends so here are a few photos.

Sunset Thursday night

This was taken yesterday in El Mojon

T
his is my friend's 7 month old dog, who discovered water for the first time yesterday, first by falling into our fish pond and then by no realising that water was not the same as sand !

By now the pup had decided he quite liked water, the others are my friends

Flamingoes

Today we were at Cabo Roig
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 04:21 PM

Re: Yesterday and today photos

oops got a little messed up, the third picture down is also at Cabo Roig. We watched this for ages, never seen anything like it before. The jet ski seemed to have a long tube coming from it, the man had some weird looking flipper things on and he was raised up into the air by jets of water under his feet.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 04:29 PM

Great pictures !
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 04:30 PM

Lovely photos Loretta, I wouldn't mind being there now on this cold and wet November day!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

09-11-2013, 04:35 PM

The weather here is so hot Mags, according to the papers it's been the hottest October in the Murcia region since records began, now we are well into November and it hasn't changed. I've never known it as hot as this at this time of year, lovely sunny days, yes, but the temperatures we are still getting, no.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
The weather here is so hot Mags, according to the papers it's been the hottest October in the Murcia region since records began, now we are well into November and it hasn't changed. I've never known it as hot as this at this time of year, lovely sunny days, yes, but the temperatures we are still getting, no.
It is really going to hit you when that lovely weather changes ..... do you get water shortages over there, Loretta?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
oops got a little messed up, the third picture down is also at Cabo Roig. We watched this for ages, never seen anything like it before. The jet ski seemed to have a long tube coming from it, the man had some weird looking flipper things on and he was raised up into the air by jets of water under his feet.
I have seen this on TV. Water is pumped under high pressure by a support vessel to nozzles attached to his legs and it has the same effect as a jet engine.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

10-11-2013, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It is really going to hit you when that lovely weather changes ..... do you get water shortages over there, Loretta?
We don't seem to get water shortages Mags, we often read that reserves are down and we see for ourselves that the reservoirs are very low, sometimes the canals are low too, they are used for agricultural water, but the only time our water is off is when there is a burst or they are doing repairs. We don't get hosepipe bans, well we never have so far. I believe they have a system here where they can pipe water from the wetter parts of Spain to other parts. Some places you can see the enormous pipes which are part of the system. Amazing really, but although we haven't seen, what you could call rain, since I can't remember when, everything seems to hum along well. You are right too that when the weather does change and turn cold, we'll be the grumpiest moaners there are ! Tonight it has turned cold outside, not as cold as usual yet but very chilly.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2013, 01:31 AM

Wow some great photos here Loretta. So nice to see blue sky
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2013, 03:55 PM

What a nice group of photos....I am very fond of cranes so the white flamingos are really enjoyed by me. I have seen the white ones but many more of the pinkies.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top