Join for free
Page 45 of 49 « First < 35 43 44 45 46 47 > Last »
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 07:08 PM

Re: Over 50's Scotland (Part 2)

Rona with you Rogers winnings will be well spent by now. Was in Glasgow today and bought my self a few summer things including a pair of sandals which are really comfy.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 12:43 PM

Afternoon all. Just back from our lovely overnight stay. Nice wee hotel. It was being used for a wedding today and they had it lovely. We were able to have a peek in . Charlestown itself is a small, but affluent place. Beautiful houses overlooking the water.

Looks like Dorothy is having a nice time. Glad the weather has brightened up for them.

Jess you'll just need to get another wee holiday booked! Something else to look forward to.

Rona you'll be looking forward to your hol. Not long now.

Just a quiet day ahead for us but to be honest I'm glad. A nice night in by the telly.

Have a lovely day all.
chattielaidee
Glasgow
chattielaidee is female  chattielaidee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 03:58 PM

Been out and about this morning, getting last minute odds and ends. But have done a big ironing since I came in, and some baking. There is a lot of footie on TV today, and Andrew is coming home to watch Arsenal with his dad, but he will want feeding up. Just made a batch of sausage rolls, which he will scoff in no time. But it will be curry for dinner nice and easy.
Enjoy your day everybody! glad you enjoyed Charlestown Myra, a wee overnighter charges up yer batteries.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 06:55 PM

It sure does charge yer batteries Rona. It was a wee Groupon deal. Ye cannae whack them. I've had a quiet day but my eyes are in a bad state due to hay fever. My contacts are out and I've bathed my eyes. My thick dark rimmed glasses make me look like Nana Miskoouri . Martin sounds even more like Barry White as he thinks he has a chest infection. We're hingin by a thread the two of us. Looks like Dorothy is having a good time with all her nice pics on FB. We've just had spag bol for dinner and the tv is on.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 09:02 PM

Myra that sounds like a nice wee place you went for your overnight stay. Our lot suffer from hay fever so I know how you feel, you make a right pair with hay fever and Martins chest infection. Rona it wont belong now till your holidays you'll be looking forward to it with this awful weather.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

31-05-2015, 09:21 PM

Evening all

Looks like Dorothy is having a nice weekend. In Oban now. We've got nice memories of Oban

Turned out lovely here as the day went on, although I didn't venture out. Jess, its rotten that your lot have hayfever. I've been bathing my eyes with Optrex and they feel better. Plus taking antihistamines.

Martin will contact the gp in the morning as he definitely has a chest infection. He needs to look after the one lung he has!

I'd had to laugh at the skelpt lug beer that Dorothy posted.

The boys had a lovely time in Stirling with their dad for Ross's birthday. My brother in law wasn't there as he'd had a heart attack and was in the Golden Jubilee. Was sorry to hear that. You never know the minute.

Rona, hope you enjoyed your M&S afternoon tea.

Can't believe it's almost Monday.
valentinojess
largs, scotland

31-05-2015, 10:17 PM

Hi Myra they take antihistimanes when they need to. Hope Martin gets an appointment for his GP in the morning, glad the boys had a good time in Stirling with their dad at the weekend.It looks like its going to be an wet night here boo.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

02-06-2015, 08:00 AM

Morning all and what a morning it is . The wind during the night was terrible.

I imagine Dorothy will be well home now.

My wee pal Helen is still battling cancer which is now pressing on her kidney, so she's to have a stent and more chemo. I kept thinking about her during the night. She just keeps battling on. She's my wee pal I meet at the Craig dhu every so often.

Have a nice day and keep safe and warm.
valentinojess
largs, scotland

02-06-2015, 09:34 PM

Hi Myra not much wind here last night if there was I didn't hear it. I was wondering how your friend was its a horrible disease for any one to have.
capitalgirl
Edinburgh Scotland
capitalgirl is female  capitalgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 09:38 PM

good evening girls. Myra I'm sorry to hear your pal Helen is going through such a tough time, it must be heartbreaking to see her suffer. She will have a good friend in you though to keep her going. The wind has died down here now thank goodness, last night was terrible here too.. it's like bloomin' winter. Jess your holiday must be a memory now, so you'll just have to start planning the next one! Oor Rona will be off on her holidays to Majorca, is it tomorrow or the next day? I had a great time in Dunoon with my dad and sister, the weather was a bit wet and cold at times but we enjoyed ourselves all the same. We went to Rothesay on Saturday and Oban on Sunday, the bus driver was very good and there was great banter between him and all us passengers. I've just been speaking to a friend from Rochdale on the phone... we'd lost touch for a while so been back in touch again since last Christmas. Was on the phone for 50 mins, she can't arf blether!

Page 45 of 49 « First < 35 43 44 45 46 47 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top