Join for free
Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 05:55 PM

Re: The Diana Tapes

I won't be watching it as I don't agree with what Channel 4 are doing. Why can't they allow the poor lady to rest in peace and save her sons any further upset.

The gossipers will have a field day spreading what was supposed to be private conversations
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 09:21 PM

I agree it is terrible for this to be shown on TV ,but it has already been shown in America and it will only be a matter of time before it will be shown on facebook , twitter etc, so it is pointless to ban it
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 09:02 PM

It's on now.
It was rotten of them ( Charles circle ) making out that she was mad when she just a young woman who expected to be the only woman in her husbands life and found he loved someone else and was having an on going affair.
Her bodyguard Ken Wharf said that everyone staff and family knew where Charles was going (when he went off to see Camilla )
So poor girl stuck at the very beginning of her life with an unfaithful husband cold inlaws and false friends who invited her husband and his mistress to clandestine assignations.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 09:34 PM

I've recorded it will watch tomorrow when I get time.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's on now.
It was rotten of them ( Charles circle ) making out that she was mad when she just a young woman who expected to be the only woman in her husbands life and found he loved someone else and was having an on going affair.
Her bodyguard Ken Wharf said that everyone staff and family knew where Charles was going (when he went off to see Camilla )
So poor girl stuck at the very beginning of her life with an unfaithful husband cold inlaws and false friends who invited her husband and his mistress to clandestine assignations.

I can't help but wonder whether Charles ever told William & Harry the truth about him and Camilla.
If he has played down their affair or lied to them all these years, how will they feel now after hearing their Mother's side of the story?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 10:06 PM

That was two hours of my life wasted.

Seriously, they were just plugging Saint Di.
No mention of her own adulterous affairs. She was portrayed as the victim and clean as new fallen snow. Focused on how she felt excluded and a liability.
The bottom line is she was the daughter of an Earl who married a Prince, expected him to drop his mistress and when he didn't , trapped in an unhappy marriage, she had her own bit of fun with multiple affairs.
They're as bad as each other.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's on now.
We knew all this. She did that panorama interview where most of it came out. Apparently this was a sort of preparation for that. Why they have to drag it out in this way now twenty years later is beyond me.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
That was two hours of my life wasted.

Seriously, they were just plugging Saint Di.
No mention of her own adulterous affairs. She was portrayed as the victim and clean as new fallen snow. Focused on how she felt excluded and a liability.
The bottom line is she was the daughter of an Earl who married a Prince, expected him to drop his mistress and when he didn't , trapped in an unhappy marriage, she had her own bit of fun with multiple affairs.
They're as bad as each other.
I would say they were very different from each other. She was an inexperienced and naive virgin when they married. He'd already sowed his oats. He wasn't interested in the marriage. She tried to fill that hole in her life with others. Her affairs were pretty miserable and they didn't make up for having to deal with the wall she came up against marrying into such an institution. They seemed a cry for help to get his attention (which failed to get the reaction she wanted).
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 10:22 PM

I too think they were very different. Her affairs came after she realised she wasn't loved and had no escape.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 10:23 PM

In some ways she reminds me of a Marilyn Monroe figure.

Naïve, yes, though as the daughter of an Earl she surely had an inkling how 'the firm ' worked .. and in the end she tried to fit into and fill the role the public made for her. A tragic heroine type.
I even wonder whether that role was the true Di.

Everyone brace themselves ... it was advertised at the end of the programme that the next documentary on channel 4 is to be about her relationship with her wicked stepmother.

Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top