Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 10:18 AM

Re: Real life vs. Internet: Is your personality different?

I think I am pretty much the same in real life as on the internet forums, although I do agree that it is easier to assess how another person is feeling face to face. There are more clues to help avoid offending. I don't try to be anything I am not on forums, although I don't think I feel secure enough to allow my true self to come through. I like to get to know someone first and that is not easy on a forum.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 10:24 AM

I'm myself what I was saying though in my earlier post is expressing yourself in the written word is different to the spoken word.

Some people can easily do that whilst others can struggle. It would be impossible to be a totally different person online for a prolonged period ...we are who we are and sooner or later that would show through.
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 10:37 AM

I’m myself. And I have to say the rudeness on here sometimes is quite shocking. I’m sure people don’t really behave like that towards other people irl.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 11:06 AM

I think you’d have to be false or an actor to be other than yourself on here!

In real life, l am always joking and being happy. I know, l am lucky to be like that but l have always been the same!

The trouble with sites such as this, it can be taken that you are cocky or you think a lot of yourself!

I think if we all knew each other in real life, there wouldn’t be so much misunderstanding, as we would know how the person ‘ticked’ and it was just their way.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by SallyS ->
I’m myself. And I have to say the rudeness on here sometimes is quite shocking. I’m sure people don’t really behave like that towards other people irl.
I feel the same way Sally
I give a little gasp of shock when I read some posts
If people spoke to others in real life the way they do on here they'd be facing a life of being punched in the noggin at every turn
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 11:19 AM

I am the same here as in the real world to a point, I have much more to say in the real world. I am just as flirty mind.
Boop boop be doo
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 11:29 AM

With forums if you get really fed up with them you can leave, which is more than you can do in the real world.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
With forums if you get really fed up with them you can leave, which is more than you can do in the real world.
True Tara, very true.
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I am the same here as in the real world to a point, I have much more to say in the real world. I am just as flirty mind.
Boop boop be doo

You have even more to say in the real world ? Come on you're kidding us.
Hands up all those that believe Sweetie could have more to say in the real world, than she has to say here.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 11:42 AM

Structurally, I'm bigger in real life.
On here I can be fitted into a 1" square and appear and disappear at the touch of a button.
In the flesh, I am bigger than 1" tall and I can walk and talk too!

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top