Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 02:58 PM

Re: Real life vs. Internet: Is your personality different?

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I feel the same way Sally
I give a little gasp of shock when I read some posts
If people spoke to others in real life the way they do on here they'd be facing a life of being punched in the noggin at every turn

It’s like aggressive drivers, behind the wheel encased in metal, they become ‘brave’, driving too close, tooting if they want to go faster etc. Irl on the be pavement as pedestrians it’s a difference thing.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 03:55 PM

On a forum you can nip off and make a brew, come back and start the conversation where you left off. In real life that would not be possible and it would be very rude to ask some one to wait there while you nipped home and made a cuppa. ☕️ 😂
As, has been said, it's difficult not to be oneself. So yes I'm pretty much this in real life
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I would say I am the same online as I am in real life. Why would anyone feel the need to be different?
That's not quite it though because aren't we all a bit different in different circumstances, I can be quite raucously funny at home, wouldn't dream of that at work unless it was a very odd occasion. I'm different alone with my husband than with the kids around. Different again in front of an occipital like a doctor etc. We all adapt a bit.

In real life people round me are like me and like me I'd hardly surround myself with people that were as rude as some on forums are.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 08:04 PM

I don't know how people perceive me on the net but I feel I am the same here as in 'real life' I am a genuine woman and a gentle soul with a lot of compassion and empathy and too soft for my own good as I've been told many times but I like who I am and not about to change after all these years. Some people play upon my gentle nature and can tend to take me for granted sometimes but I always enjoy helping others in there times of need.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I don't know how people perceive me on the net but I feel I am the same here as in 'real life' I am a genuine woman and a gentle soul with a lot of compassion and empathy and too soft for my own good as I've been told many times but I like who I am and not about to change after all these years. Some people play upon my gentle nature and can tend to take me for granted sometimes but I always enjoy helping others in there times of need.
That is exactly how you come across Lion Queen.
You just helped me too.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
That is exactly how you come across Lion Queen.
You just helped me too.
I'm glad, yanno me, love to help
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm glad, yanno me, love to help
Thank goodness. I am such a scatterbrain.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 08:36 AM

As I don't regard forums as the real world, I don't regard the people I encounter on them as real either.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
As I don't regard forums as the real world, I don't regard the people I encounter on them as real either.
Back to your old self then I see, Tara. No interest in other people.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 09:02 AM

To be honest I've had enough myself. It's a phoney world is the internet.
We can post in a thread offering our condolences one minute to somebody who is going through so much pain with the loss of a loved one, then instantly we will flip straight to the next thread which could be about some trite and trivial banter about cakes or something and laugh and joke adding happy smilies!
There's just something not honest about that sort of behavior is there?

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top