Join for free
Page 9 of 17 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 12:50 PM

Re: Zionist murders in Gaza

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It doesn't help Israel still conscripts people into the army, I think if you have a volutary force you get more professional people who take their duties more seriously, they ask themselves the hard questions I believe. Whereas with no choice you get the people would be rejected from a professional force as unsuitable, unhinged even.
You do the Israeli army a disservice in your comment.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 12:54 PM

I don't see how you figure that one out ... needs must. Many countries have conscripted during what they see as a time of high alert national security.
It does raise the question of which provides the better army .... voluntary or conscripted.
My nephew enlisted and even I have to say that given certain aspects of his nature I'd pegged him as an ideal fireman or solider.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 12:57 PM

I might also add that if we could get away from this constant thrashing over 'Israel good, Palestinians bad ... or Israel bad, Palestinians good ... we might just be able to just have a good debate about the larger issue at hand.

Their ongoing conflict.
Rather than our own.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I don't see how you figure that one out ... needs must. Many countries have conscripted during what they see as a time of high alert national security.
It does raise the question of which provides the better army .... voluntary or conscripted.
My nephew enlisted and even I have to say that given certain aspects of his nature I'd pegged him as an ideal fireman or solider.
And many countries don't have the best armies morti. You should hear some of our soldiers talking about conscripts.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

12-04-2018, 01:05 PM

The cynic in me says ... from a standing armies point of view , the more soldiers the better. They are just battle fodder. Blunt. Harsh. But that's war.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

12-04-2018, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
And many countries don't have the best armies morti. You should hear some of our soldiers talking about conscripts.
If you mean in the sense that there are 'career' soldiers who are in for the long haul and see it as their profession which they want to excel at and gain promotion up the ranks, I agree.
I'm not sure how much 'service to their Queen and country' is an influencing factor anymore.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by SallyS ->
You do the Israeli army a disservice in your comment.
Indeed it is a massive disservice .
Israel has he most highly trained and ethical army in the world
And they are not square bashers they are young men who are defending their country from the enemy .
In this face of constant provocation it shows restraint and has done for years .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
If you mean in the sense that there are 'career' soldiers who are in for the long haul and see it as their profession which they want to excel at and gain promotion up the ranks, I agree.
I'm not sure how much 'service to their Queen and country' is an influencing factor anymore.
Well I can only speak for Jordan, he joined because he saw so many Muslims being bashed for not doing anything to help in the "war on terror". He's doing well and has changed his comrades initial ideas of what a Muslim is like. He would have liked to have gone to a Muslim conflict zone to fight for us but that hasn't happened so far. He's more involved with humanitarian work which he's actually loving. The men and women he serves with all see that as good as anything to make a difference.

He does want to serve his country very keen to do so as he sees uk as having saved his family being a second generation asylum seeker.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Indeed it is a massive disservice .
Israel has he most highly trained and ethical army in the world
And they are not square bashers they are young men who are defending their country from the enemy .
In this face of constant provocation it shows restraint and has done for years .

Which bit of ethics were these blood-thirsty louts employing when they shot at unarmed civilians through the border fence in another country Hmmm???
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 04:57 PM

Try breaching borders in Russia

Page 9 of 17 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top