Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mister_Oy
NW UK
Mister_Oy is male  Mister_Oy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 11:05 PM

Re: New Brighton Lighthouse

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Going to treat myself in the new year, so I'll bend your ear on my choices
Look forward to it
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Lovely scene
New Brighton. Wallasey

A lovely Victorian Seaside Town with the Ferry across the Mersey or to Liverpool through the Mersey Tunnel

We lived there for four years.

Me too, grew up there. Wallasey.
The photo shows the walkway around the marina separated from the sea, where I used to take my little sailing dingy to teach myself to sail. In the early days you could hire little motor boats on the marina.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Me too, grew up there. Wallasey.
The photo shows the walkway around the marina separated from the sea, where I used to take my little sailing dingy to teach myself to sail. In the early days you could hire little motor boats on the marina.
We had a Restaurant on Victoria Street open till midnight and the Stevedores used to call after the pubs closed for coffee.
They used to walk up the street singing Maggie Maggie May,

Lots of Celebrities came in as well before your time, like 'Jerry and the Pace Makers'.

Lots of beautiful detached houses with gardens right down to the beach.

Which we had have bought one.

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 09:56 AM

Do like lighthouse photos, BTW this year they have built a load of wind turbines behind St Marys lighthouse.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top