Join for free
Page 22 of 23 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 >
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 07:25 PM

Re: Is it right to break the law to bring relief to the ravages of chronic illness

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
"

So, unless this UK Government site is dated, possession is 'illegal'.
If not, how can one be fined for an act which is not an offence ?
The site is dated August 2016 Pumice.

It lists the current laws.

The confusion about 'decriminalisation' has arisen because of the gradual reduction in reported arrests for cannabis possession and cultivation suggests that many forces see these crimes as low priorities.

Years of budget cuts have forced police authorities across the country to focus their limited resources on crimes deemed more important

The likelihood that someone will be targeted for their personal possession or cultivation of cannabis is dependent on the stance of the police force in their area

Matters of drug policy should not be left to be decided by the increasingly desperate economic needs of individual police forces.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 07:30 PM

Re: Is it right to break the law to bring relief to the ravages of chronic illness

What......no rebuttal?

I was enjoying it, never mind.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
What......no rebuttal?

I was enjoying it, never mind.
I think in the antipodes he's probably still in bed.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think in the antipodes he's probably still in bed.
I meant pats.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 07:47 PM

I meant pats.
Oh, well in that case she's probably in bed by now. These old people can't stand the pace, you know!
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 11:12 PM

.... They cannot get a warrant for a house search on such small amounts.
Ummmmm .... until they get into the 'suspect' residence, how would they know whether they'd find a few grams or a few kilos ?
Would they/could they act on the old favourite "information received" ?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

11-01-2017, 11:22 PM

Ummmmm .... until they get into the 'suspect' residence, how would they know whether they'd find a few grams or a few kilos ?
Would they/could they act on the old favourite "information received" ?
If my mum was awake id ask her (retired barrister)as she explainsit in Terry language... but as she's not here's all you need to know.

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/police/search-warrants/
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 11:41 PM

' The Magistrates court is likely to grant a search warrant if they (?) believe that the police have reasonable grounds to suspect that an indictable offence has been committed ... '

Fair enough.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

11-01-2017, 11:51 PM

' The Magistrates court is likely to grant a search warrant if they (?) believe that the police have reasonable grounds to suspect that an indictable offence has been committed ... '

Fair enough.
Magistrates are more reluctant to grant warrants than they were.
Gone are the days of."id like a warrant to search the house because I believe he has lovely wallpaper and im thinking of redecorating my flat"

They need a lot more "reasonable suspicion"
Pumicestone
Australia

11-01-2017, 11:55 PM

My wife's father had authority to issue warrants to police.

Admittedly a few decades ago - but much depended on whether the officer(s) seeking the warrant was 'on the square' and had the right handshake.

Page 22 of 23 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top