Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 09:38 PM

Re: House Sale & Move, 2nd attempt!

Pity we don't adopt the Scottish way. Once an offer has been made it is a binding contract so I understand.

Worst is if you are in a "chain" of buyers and sellers. All it needs then the one at the start of the chain to back out and everyone afterward collapses as well, which I think is totally out of order.

Spring and Autumn is the main house move seasons I have found having moved 5 times
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 09:40 PM

Were still waiting for a buyer Steve, i think it'll after Christmas or into Spring, it's all a long waiting game. We don't want to look at houses as were not in a position yet to buy. But hopefully that day will come

Steve you'll have to get back to the drawing board or come and buy mine.. It's a 3 bed semi at £105,000 there cheaper up north you know
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Hi Steve what a trauma this all is .
Just got a call today from a house agent on one property which we were interested but someone else bought .
Now they have changed their mind so do we want it?
The fact is having resigned myself to not getting it I am no longer sure I do want it ! It's fairly isolated which worries me.
Meanwhile the house we did really want has declined our above
Asking for price because they hadn't seen anywhere they like ( they say) I think it's because they want to ramp the price up.
Hold that thought Muddy!

We've decided that if the vendor comes back at us after failing to get a buyer, (we know he's getting nowhere!), we've told the agent we just might be interested - @ a lower figure than we offered before!

Don't want it now; he's just a greedy bastard! stevmk2
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 07:33 PM

Today a house we viewed on the 31st of October came back on the market.

We were tempted to try again but decided against it as it was a beautiful house but just too far out of town for us.

We told the agent and he understood but 15 minutes later a colleague of his from another agency rang to tell us of a house about to come on the market not far from the 1st house we viewed.

It's supposedly still being refurbished and the price will reflect that but it sounds promising!

I really do hope it comes up and we stand a chance as it is going to be marketed at the top end of our budget.

Won't be much change left but if it's as good as we've been told, well, we are hoping!

Could be as early as this Friday, which happens to be the 13th! stevmk2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Today a house we viewed on the 31st of October came back on the market.

We were tempted to try again but decided against it as it was a beautiful house but just too far out of town for us.

We told the agent and he understood but 15 minutes later a colleague of his from another agency rang to tell us of a house about to come on the market not far from the 1st house we viewed.

It's supposedly still being refurbished and the price will reflect that but it sounds promising!

I really do hope it comes up and we stand a chance as it is going to be marketed at the top end of our budget.

Won't be much change left but if it's as good as we've been told, well, we are hoping!

Could be as early as this Friday, which happens to be the 13th! stevmk2

Steve, not sure I understand here. If the first house was too far out of town, won't the second one be too, if its near the first?
Don't let Frid 13th worry you, I prefer to think of it as lucky!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

13-11-2015, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Steve, not sure I understand here. If the first house was too far out of town, won't the second one be too, if its near the first?
Don't let Frid 13th worry you, I prefer to think of it as lucky!
Yes, I know that reads a bit odd but it's also the area too Mups; it's an estate that is about 20-25 years old now and it's attracted a lot of buy-to-let business over the past ten years so there's a constant change in ownership or owner.

That means there's not much in the way of a community, you never really get to know the neighbours and we'd prefer a more fixed population.

I know all about the area as I know people that live or have lived there, one my former colleague at work.

The distance though is relevant because my wife's had a hip replacement and I have a lot of arthritis problems now so we are looking for somewhere within a reasonable walking distance as I may decide to give up the car in the next few years; it's getting too expensive to warrant keeping a car and driving standards are appalling now!

The other house is on an estate half a mile closer to town and has it's own parade of shops nearby and the bus stop is there too! stevmk2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 09:48 AM

Yes, I know that reads a bit odd but it's also the area too Mups; it's an estate that is about 20-25 years old now and it's attracted a lot of buy-to-let business over the past ten years so there's a constant change in ownership or owner.

That means there's not much in the way of a community, you never really get to know the neighbours and we'd prefer a more fixed population.

I know all about the area as I know people that live or have lived there, one my former colleague at work.

The distance though is relevant because my wife's had a hip replacement and I have a lot of arthritis problems now so we are looking for somewhere within a reasonable walking distance as I may decide to give up the car in the next few years; it's getting too expensive to warrant keeping a car and driving standards are appalling now!

The other house is on an estate half a mile closer to town and has it's own parade of shops nearby and the bus stop is there too! stevmk2

That could be handy then Steve. Handy to be on a bus route, especially if you get your bus pass.
I'm lucky like that as well.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

13-11-2015, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That could be handy then Steve. Handy to be on a bus route, especially if you get your bus pass.
I'm lucky like that as well.
Gotta wait 'til Monday apparently Mups!
Agent says it's not quite ready but we drove past it and are a teensy bit concerned.

The adjoined semi is still Council and there are blankets up at all the front windows.

We have Indians and Bangladeshi's in our street and others nearby and they tend to do that for "curtains" too.

Nothing wrong there but my wife's a bit of a worrier about neighbours.

It's not their race or colour but their habits; my wife lived in a flat above a nice Indian family but the block stank of boiled Onions all the time!

We get a whiff here now and then but it's only in passing but if it was next door it could be a bit over-powering!

I've told her that if the garden's a tip that's a bad sign too and we will take it no further, regardless of how good the property we view is as we will have to live there until we "go" so it has to be right.

Still worried myself though - Romanians in the next street have ruined a lovely garden by using it as a tip! stevmk2
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

14-11-2015, 05:41 PM

Been to look at this house twice now and having more doubts - the exterior of this house is tatty.

These vendor are apparently asking for £210,000 for this house when that's about £25,000 more according to Zoopla than the most recent asking price for a similar house nearby; August!

Zoopla's generally a bit low though but you get the idea!

I've asked our agent and he agrees with me - over-priced but if the interior has been completely refurbished and that means kitchen and bathroom both, to a high standard, £210,000 is still a bit steep for a house that could need £800+ spent on the exterior!

Getting a headache now!

Roll-on Monday and we can get this over with! stevmk2
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

16-11-2015, 08:26 PM

Been to look at this house twice now and having more doubts - the exterior of this house is tatty.
These vendor are apparently asking for £210,000 for this house when that's about £25,000 more according to Zoopla than the most recent asking price for a similar house nearby; August!
Zoopla's generally a bit low though but you get the idea!
I've asked our agent and he agrees with me - over-priced but if the interior has been completely refurbished and that means kitchen and bathroom both, to a high standard, £210,000 is still a bit steep for a house that could need £800+ spent on the exterior!
Getting a headache now!
Roll-on Monday and we can get this over with! stevmk2
Well we got it over with and we've bought a house!

This place is beautiful though and my wife's bouncing around like a ping-pong ball with excitement , even though it's a bit further out of town than she wanted.

Me, I was easy on that but I had to bear in mind her hip replacement and my arthritis, which is getting worse plus my thoughts on continuing driving a car.

The lady of the house we've seen also doesn't drive so she told my wife all about the bus service so she's happy now!

We've had to offer the full asking price - we did try to knock it down but then offered £210,000 on condition that they did not put it on the market, because it wasn't on - we got a sneak preview!

They agreed!

That's all a bit of a long story but I contacted the agent when they ridiculed our agent, assuming they'd not sold our house and I challenged them to find us a house - and they just did! stevmk2

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top