Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 09:52 AM

Re: ECJ rules Headscarf bans legal

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What values might they be?
Would you stop nuns wearing their habits?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 10:25 AM

You missed my question Annie what values does a head scarf offer?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I would if their religion had been compulsory and so had their dress code. Fortunately Catholics have a choice about following that religion, but any woman who marries a Muslim doesn't..... unless the man has been brought up by a free thinking family like Julie's nephews have.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
You missed my question Annie what values does a head scarf offer?
That's right - i did indeed
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 10:37 AM

Actually Annie very few nuns in the UK wear the habits anymore .
However if they got a job which which required no headscarfs they would have to take them off.
What values to you think the headscarf represents ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

15-03-2017, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I would if their religion had been compulsory and so had their dress code. Fortunately Catholics have a choice about following that religion, but any woman who marries a Muslim doesn't..... unless the man has been brought up by a free thinking family like Julie's nephews have.
If you are brought up in a religion then it's compulsory at least until you are old enough to make your own decision
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 10:39 AM

I can't imagine either of them dictating what a lady wears, but I have to say that's the same for many many Muslims, it's usually the women insist. One couple I know almost split up over it. He didn't want their teenage daughter wearing it but mum did.

Muslims are more complicated than some people believe IMO
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

15-03-2017, 10:44 AM

That's right - i did indeed
I assume you can't think of any values so just a sound bite then.
They are good for a bad hair day
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 11:30 AM

I've said to the ladies at work they should market them better, they all jamb a phone in the folds round their face and can work and even hover while chatting to Pakistan ! Market them as a pretty mobile phone holder and people might feel less antagonistic to them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 11:30 AM

I often speak to a man in Saudi who tells me that their local mosque and the people in it enforce the dress code. He, himself, would like his wife to wear brightly coloured clothes ( and she does when abroad) but she is forced to wear black in her own country!
Surely a compulsory religion with compulsory rules, isn't a faith in their god? Faith comes from your heart and mind... not what somebody tells you to do, when fear prevents you from objecting!
This. Exactly.

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top