Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
BoxerBoy
West Sussex UK
BoxerBoy is male  BoxerBoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 09:50 PM

Re: New Law relating to animals in Spain

Bobtail Boxers are rapidly growing in popularity in the UK . Developed by renowned geneticist Dr Bruce Cattanach, who dipped briefly into the Corgi line, it has resulted in superb Boxers being born naturally with short tails.

I do not intend to get involved in an argument about Boxers and long tails, I have witnessed too many. I would though just add a couple of comments. Boxers tails generally are very different from other dogs, in most cases resembling a rawhide whip, which coupled with their happy exuberant nature is guaranteed to cause havoc where ever they go.

More important is the damage they do to their own tails. Only a month or so ago I heard an oft repeated story when I met a lady with a lovely long tailed Boxer, I noticed the end of it's tail was covered by a blood soaked bandage. Damage caused by simply being happy, something that is all too common. The lady loved the dog very much but was distraught that this self damaging appendage was hurting her dog and spraying blood all over her house.

So before singing the praises of long Boxer tails, see them in action first, or go Bobtail.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 11:10 PM

Re: New Law relating to animals in Spain

Same with Great Dane tails, they split the tips of theirs too.
They don't dock theirs though.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top