Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 12:54 AM

Re: National Service

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Doubt it would work, they would cry on about their human rights. The nasty training officer was shouting at them and making them do as they were told. It's been hands off and the softly softly approach all their lives, they simply couldn't hack it in any of the Armed Forces.
Spot on there Rox and, as an ex-Army wife, it has to be said that anyone with a police record isn't welcomed into the armed forces but yes, they should be sent to some sort of boot camp instead of just giving them a paint brush or garden fork to do their penance. A year with a military unit doing square bashing etc might teach them some values. However, that would be at great cost to the taxpayer, and probably more expensive than prison or community service.
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

15-10-2013, 01:15 AM

What a laugh i had when i first read the thread heading!It just cant happen now with the sad state of affairs in the UK,in the 50's and early 60's it was a great idea,firstly England was basically Christian,now can you imagine all the British born Muslims getting instruction on how to fire a gun and kill people with your bare hands,the Taliban would love it,free weapons training for terrorists,really great that is,imagine waking up in the morning and you being the "nice" Christian is marching around a parade ground in full kit,your Muslim comrades are in the "prayer" room facing Mecca with their big backsides pointing right at you.
Then you want breakfast,sorry no bacon in case it upsets the Muslims,imagine live weapons training,especially with hand grenades,are you telling me in all honesty that you would feel comfortable with a Muslim pulling the pin on a live grenade??? Don't think so,imagine some big bloody sergeant telling a Muslim soldier off?? As soon as he got a rifle he would shoot him because an "infidel" cannot talk to a "Superior Muslim" in that manner,how do you instill discipline into a potential terrorist?? Tell me,would you like a Muslim watching your back on patrol in Helmund Province,Afghanistan?? Yes?? No?? its no,thats right,it will not work.
And,then because of the free weapons training you would get more Muslim illegals invading your country,all being told by the Imans to have lots of boys,lots of kids to drain the welfare system and then get free weapons training when they leave school?? Get real,it will not work,never in a million years can you have Muslims in the British forces except non-combatant duties,office work etc,they cannot and should never ever be allowed access to any military weapons or intelligence,they cannot be trusted when their allegiance is to their God,not your God,and not to the Mighty British Empire,the Queen and the flag!
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

15-10-2013, 01:27 AM

Multiculturism has its place,but where i don't know,but it is definately not in the British or Commonwealth Armed Forces,never,never,never.
It's a recipe for disaster,it would be catastrophic!
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

15-10-2013, 04:22 AM

This just about tells it all!

Armed Forces 'are fighting British Muslims with Yorkshire accents' in Afghanistan

The Armed Forces are increasingly fighting British Muslims with Midlands and Yorkshire accents on the battlefields of Afghanistan.

Intelligence reports show that rising numbers of home-grown jihadists have joined the Taliban so they can kill British soldiers.

Senior military sources say UK troops are engaged in a 'surreal mini-civil war' in the dusty badlands of Helmand Province.

The revelations came as the Ministry of Defence announced another three British soldiers had been killed in a roadside bomb attack in southern Afghanistan today.
UK troops in action in Helmand

UK troops in action in Helmand are now fighting fellow Britons, it is believed

The soldiers, from 1st Battalion The Rifles, were hit by the blast near Lashkar Gar on Wednesday morning. It brings the British death toll in Afghanistan since the war began in October 2001 to 148.

Surveillance operations from the warzone has picked up voices talking with West Midlands and Yorkshire accents, according to official briefing documents.

The electronic 'chatter' confirms mounting fears that young disaffected Muslims are travelling to southern Afghanistan to commit violence against British targets.

MI5 has estimated that up to 4,000 British Muslims had travelled to Pakistan and Afghanistan for military training, with 'dozens' switching to the front-line.

One senior military source said intelligence officers had been hearing more voices speaking in Pakistani accents such as Punjabi, Urdu and Kashmiri Urdu rather than Pashtu, the official Afghan language.

He said: 'There appears to be more men from other parts of Pakistan fighting with the Taliban than just the Pashtuns who have tribal allegiances with the Afghan Pashtuns.

More...

Blears unveils tougher stance on Islamist extremists in return to 'core British values'
They banned an anti-Muslim Dutch MP but will Labour allow THIS Muslim hardliner with links to Hezbollah into Britain?
£250,000 bill for return of 'torture' prisoner as luxury jet flies him from Guantanamo to Britain
British death toll in Afghanistan shoots to 148 after three soldiers are killed in Helmand blast

'It is this group, the Urdu, Punjabi speakers, etc, who fall back into English in, for example, Brummie accents.

'You get the impression that they have been told not to talk in English but sometimes simply can't help it.'

Tory MP Patrick Mercer, the chairman of the Commons anti-terrorism sub-committee which has been examining British Muslim extremism, said: 'We know the problem we have with UK-based jihadists.

'We also know that a number of them have been arrested trying to leave the country.

'With the UK intelligence services at full stretch, it is not surprising some of these jihadists have ended up in Afghanistan.'

The main concern of the security services about British Muslims travelling to Pakistan has been the part they played in terrorist atrocities and plots in the UK.

But after RAF spy planes 'listened in' to the conversations of Taliban fighters, officials now believe the jihadists are mounting missions against British and Western targets in the warzone.

The Ministry of Defence refused to comment on the reports.

And you think I am a "wowser"! No,I am a realist,and if you think British Muslims are your friends and allies then all I can say is God help us all! lol
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

15-10-2013, 04:36 AM

And before i get the usual crap diatribe directed at me from the "tree Huggers" in this forum,i am well aware that the British Army has approximately 700 serving Muslim members,would i feel comfortable on patrol in a Muslim warzone with them,no,never,i don't care what you say,any person who puts a God of theirs,and only theirs,not my God or a Jews God,but a Muslim only God can only serve himself and his beliefs before his Queen,his Country and his flag!

You can never trust them,never,they do not think or act like a normal person is expected to,they swear alliegance only to Allah,nothing else but to their personal Muslim only God,Allah!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
wouldnt work,you have to be educated in todays army,
Couldn't that be part of it - continued education?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Its not just the young ones who amble aimlessly, I don't know what this country is coming too.
I think that is what upsets me the most about modern life in Britain - what is wrong with the politicians over the past 30-odd years that they have reduced this country to what it is?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

15-10-2013, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, but not only criminals being sent, other youngsters too because so many of them leave school and have got no jobs to go to, so it would give them some training too.
That was part of what I was thinking - rather than youngsters leave school with nothing to do workwise, it could help them learn a trade as well as how to be part of a team; they may even end up liking it!

I'm ignoring your downside because it doesn't suit my theory

We could make it that only professional soldiers do the fighting bit - the newcomers would be trainees only until they are up to scratch.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Couldn't that be part of it - continued education?
if they have learnt nothing in 12 yrs of education,whats another 2 gonna do,plus doing drill,and using weapons it would fry there brains.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

15-10-2013, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by billsteamshovel ->
And before i get the usual crap diatribe directed at me from the "tree Huggers" in this forum,i am well aware that the British Army has approximately 700 serving Muslim members,would i feel comfortable on patrol in a Muslim warzone with them,no,never,i don't care what you say,any person who puts a God of theirs,and only theirs,not my God or a Jews God,but a Muslim only God can only serve himself and his beliefs before his Queen,his Country and his flag!

You can never trust them,never,they do not think or act like a normal person is expected to,they swear alliegance only to Allah,nothing else but to their personal Muslim only God,Allah!
According to Wiki, in 2012, there were 133,160 serving in the Army (no numbers for the Air Force or the Navy) so I think they outrank the number of Muslims; not like you'd have to rely solely on Muslims for your safety is it.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top