Join for free
Page 45 of 67 « First < 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 > Last »
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 11:03 AM

Re: Over 50's Wales club (Part 3)

Oh dear. Tough time coming up. Having been a smoker for more years than I can count and since retiring, smoking much heavier. It has come up and bit me in the bum. (He says as if he thought he was immune). Anyhoo, suffering with quite a bit of what feels like lung pain recently. (To be confirmed by the doc). I foresee a stressful period of having to quit the demon weed. No not looking for sympathy, perhaps a magic bullet to make it simples.
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 01:31 PM

Not a bad day here, sunny but still a chill breeze ,
I had a burst of energy so pulled my bed etc and cleaned behind . Only a small room so quite a hobble .It really needs redecorating but I cant face it .
Nice to hear from you Celyn although your problems persist.
Nimby that Irish girl is quite plain looking IMO , cant imagine how she thinks so much of herself . Think Adjowa might go out first
Nimby
Cardiff UK
Nimby is female  Nimby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 05:01 PM

Hope you'll be ok Davenr.......had a new lock on the door today...cost £180 with labour getting over the shock
I think Adjoa might go first too Jac.....
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 05:56 PM

Sorry Dave ,didn't see you there . I've never smoked so lucky really . My mother was a chain smoker so put me off
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 10:22 PM

Dave, I gave up about 10 years ago, having smoked since I was a teenager! Did have some patches, and they helped, but in the end I just stopped. If I can do it anyone can. Be brave
Enfys
South Wales
Enfys is female  Enfys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 08:11 AM

Another cold morning.Was going to see my friend today but she was taken into hospital yesterday morning she had difficulty breathing,they discovered clots on her right lung.She was due for an operation this week but now that won't be possible.
I gave up smoking 33 years ago.The first thing G.P's ask these days "do you smoke".Hope you find the will power Dave to stop.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 08:30 AM

Beautiful sunny morning........forecast doesn't show it's going to last. Quieter day today, hopefully. Then the mania starts again tomorrow!!! Being a non smoker I am not the one to give advice but going cold turkey probably isnt the way to go giving up smoking. One friend gave up 10 years ago and still has to have Nicorette chewing gum ( Addicted to that!) Slowly cutting down looks the way to go on the other hand having health problems it may be necessary to stop suddenly.
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 11:48 AM

Thanks all for your words of encouragement. Hoping it's not too late for me to get serious about quitting.
Jac
Wales UK

20-05-2015, 12:27 PM

Even the dentist asked me if I smoked Dave !!
Nice and sunny here but still feel the need to wear a jumper
I've done the boring job of cleaning kitchen shelves and checking dates on tins etc . Even though I don't keep a lot of stuff I found a tin of pineapple, pack of stuffing , a dip and a bag for cooking chicken in . So its chicken in pineapple in a bag for tea and maybe the stuffing made into balls and put in freezer. I hate waste !!!.
Davenorave
Wales

20-05-2015, 03:18 PM

Me Mam had eight kids Jac so wastage was entirely out of the question. Besides I mostly thought re-jigged leftovers were often the tastiest meals. Point being. I hate to waste stuff and box up leftovers L-R&C. My own sprogs were given the same upbringing regards waste. I often have a compendium of the previous day or three's leftovers and rarely have to throw out of date food away. Good work Jac.

Page 45 of 67 « First < 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top