Join for free
Enfys
South Wales
Enfys is female  Enfys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 06:51 PM

Chelsea Flower Show.

It's that time of year again.Love to watch the t.v. programmes from there but have never visited the show.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 07:08 PM

Re: Chelsea Flower Show.

We watch it too but have never been.
Hubby and I go to Holka Hall and Southport Flower show ever year.

Holka Hall is in 2 weeks, hope the weather warms up a bit before then.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 07:19 PM

Yes love it too, almost went one year but sadly MIL died a couple of months before and I didn't fancy going with anyone else, Chelsea was her thing she went every year.
Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 10:10 AM

I've only been to Chelsea once. It was an wonderful experience but not one I'd repeat. It was so crowded we were queuing to see the gardens and when we finally got to the front there were all these people, breathing down our necks! The catering was abysmal, disgusting coffee and miserable sandwiches, we wished we'd taken our own!
Having said that, the gardens and plants were magnificent and we enjoyed our day!

In contrast I love Hampton Court and would go there every year if I could afford it!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Anzac ->
In contrast I love Hampton Court and would go there every year if I could afford it!
I used to live nearby and the children and I would quite often walk along the river to see the kings house (as they called it) back then the gardens were free.. I dont know if they still are?
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 11:55 AM

At the show now we got a stall , hate it, peeling down with rain, company spent thousands on our stall, giving out free trees and shrubs , and bassically I don't think we get much work from here ,
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 12:07 PM

I've always wanted to visit the Chelsea Show but unfortunately the crowds there have always put me off
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Enfys ->
It's that time of year again.Love to watch the t.v. programmes from there but have never visited the show.
The show's better Enfys but it's best if you are an RHS member and go on members day and go early.

We went years ago now and it's far better seeing it all yourself - I really dislike the TV presentations with all those twittering nonentities!

We've promised ourselves another visit when I retire but for us Hampton Court Palace Show is still the best. stevmk2
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 05:17 PM

Best front view is on T.V. Cup of tea when you want and a comfortable seat.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 06:08 PM

well chelsea is the place to go --i have 2 times -but i would love to go again 'every time different ..never borring but the walking can tire you - but i didn't want to leave each time , its mind blowing if your a gardener and flower
person ...tv is ok but no-where near the same ... last day is the best take a trolly' and they are giving them away so cheap to buy' all the flowers and decorations they have used in the show ..or u can sit and listen to the band playing and eat and take it all in,,,,,,

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top