Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 04:02 PM

Funny thoughts as a child ...........

We were asked in the classroom what we thought Heaven was like - I answered 'its full of bananas !'
Why is that - 'because when we have one, someone always says - 'they're Heaven sent' ....... Made sense to me ...........
Then, my first night as a foster sister to 4 boys, one comes into the lounge and says 'Would you like Welsh Rabbit for yer tea ?' ...........Me face was a picture of horror - Ugh no, says I - I'll just have some toast .........When I joined them all at the kitchen table I saw a lovely array of cheese on toast - Ooo says I - I love cheese on toast - (me boy) but I asked if you wanted it ............ no, says I, you asked if I wanted rabbit .......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 04:14 PM

Re: Funny thoughts as a child ...........

LOL Patsy I believed for years all sheep had legs on one side longer than the other so they didn't roll down hills.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 04:19 PM

Did ya ....... so sweet ......
I still laugh when I think of the boy saying his prayers
Our Father, who art in Heaven - Harold be thy name .......
Just love that .......
Enfys
South Wales
Enfys is female  Enfys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 04:32 PM

I thought all dogs were boys and all cats were girls(that's why they didn't get on)
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Did ya ....... so sweet ......
I still laugh when I think of the boy saying his prayers
Our Father, who art in Heaven - Harold be thy name .......
Just love that .......
Could have been me.........

"While shepherds washed their socks by night all sleeping on the ground,
An angel of the Lord came down and gave them half-a-crown
"

Got a telling-off in Sunday School for that!

Didn't go again after that either 'cos I kept asking what I thought were perfectly straight-forward questions that nobody wanted to answer - they just gave me a load of tosh so I told them "it's my sister that believes in fairies!"

I was eight at the time...........stevmk2
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 04:38 PM

Hmm!!!! One to ponder. What story from my childhood/Youth would be fit to remark upon here. Nah!! cant tell you that. Not that either. etc etc etc.
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 04:40 PM

As a child I had heard the term "Black Market " I thought it was a market all painted black, in the bible there is a phrase "A land flowing with milk and honey" I used to think that it must be a bit sticky walking around, I used to wonder why cowboys never went to the toilet. All very confusing.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Enfys ->
I thought all dogs were boys and all cats were girls(that's why they didn't get on)
So did I!

I think it was probably because our family pets were always male dogs and female cats, though. Not sure how old I was when I realised it was not so...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
We were asked in the classroom what we thought Heaven was like - I answered 'its full of bananas !'
Why is that - 'because when we have one, someone always says - 'they're Heaven sent' ....... Made sense to me ...........
Then, my first night as a foster sister to 4 boys, one comes into the lounge and says 'Would you like Welsh Rabbit for yer tea ?' ...........Me face was a picture of horror - Ugh no, says I - I'll just have some toast .........When I joined them all at the kitchen table I saw a lovely array of cheese on toast - Ooo says I - I love cheese on toast - (me boy) but I asked if you wanted it ............ no, says I, you asked if I wanted rabbit .......
That's very sweet Patsy
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 05:20 PM

I can't recall for myself, I was a very serious child but my son used to go on about seeing a 'nail' in the sky

It took me a bit to realise he was talking about a new moon which looks like a nail clipping

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top