Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 02:03 AM

Re: Conservatives historically selfdestruct over Europe

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree with you that the EU should act honourably in that we are paying for a two year negotiating period.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't trust them to do the honourable thing. The impression I get is that they are quietly preparing to do the dirty on us - after we have paid up, of course - because they want to discourage any other member country from following us out.

I wouldn't trust them and inch, especially the perfidious Frogs.
Hi

Some of you do not understand.

We voted Leave, I have no problem with that.

Some months later, Theresa May handed in the Article 50 letter, we leave in March 2019

She also gave a speech stating our negotiating position, which was really very simple.

No deal is better than a bad deal,give us what we want or we leave without any deal.

The EU said fine to both, your choice UK.

You leave in March 2019, it is a date you picked.

We are not prepared to give you what you want, which is Single Market Access.

We have then done nothing to put the systems in place to leave, the EU have.

We then went back on our leaving date, we need an extension.

The EU said fine,pay up.

That is business, we are so far behind we are now asking for not a two year extension,but an open ended one.

We said we would continue with our Trade Deals with 40 Countries as part of the EU.

Very arrogant of us, we told them what will happen, how we are splitting up the Tariffs and Quotas.

They have said get stuffed, you ask, you negotiate, you do not tell.

The USA, amongst others have made formal complaints to the WTO even though they are not directly involved.

They are entitled to do this, and it scuppers our time frame.

The problems we are having are our own incompetence, naff all to do with the EU.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 08:51 PM

I still believe that the EU have at least as much to lose as we do, if we decide to just walk away.
I also believe that they know this and are bluffing in order to extract more money from us and to discourage our leaving at all.

https://www.facebook.com/leaveeuoffi...1259703972265/
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I still believe that the EU have at least as much to lose as we do, if we decide to just walk away.
I also believe that they know this and are bluffing in order to extract more money from us and to discourage our leaving at all.

https://www.facebook.com/leaveeuoffi...1259703972265/
Hi

Really?

If we just walk away we leave not only the EU but all the 40 odd Trade Agreements we have with other Countries.

The whole object of leaving Trade wise is not to go to WTO Rules,but to negotiate new Trade Agreements.

There is only one Country in the world which trades solely on WTO Rules and that is a tinpot little nation.

Posters on here simply do not understand WTO Rules.

JRM says we should abolish Tariffs,starting with clothing, shoes and food.

The EU and others would love that,they export tariff free to the UK and still impose tariffs on our exports.

The WTO Rules mean that tariffs are applied equally,the Most Favoured Nation rule.

If we reduce Tariffs on Japanese Cars ,we must reduce them
on EU Cars by the same amount.

The EU Trade computer systems are big enough to cope with Brexit, ours are not.

Germany and the Netherlands have already started recruiting thousands of staff, we have not.

There are 130,000 UK companies who for the first time,will have to fill in certificates,pay tariffs and VAT on each export to the EU and the other 40 Countries we crash out of Trade Deals with.

We could have sorted this within the 2 years, instead we are asking for a Transition.

The situation is so bad that May is now asking for an unlimited Transition.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Really?

If we just walk away we leave not only the EU but all the 40 odd Trade Agreements we have with other Countries.

The whole object of leaving Trade wise is not to go to WTO Rules,but to negotiate new Trade Agreements.

There is only one Country in the world which trades solely on WTO Rules and that is a tinpot little nation.

Posters on here simply do not understand WTO Rules.

JRM says we should abolish Tariffs,starting with clothing, shoes and food.

The EU and others would love that,they export tariff free to the UK and still impose tariffs on our exports.

The WTO Rules mean that tariffs are applied equally,the Most Favoured Nation rule.

If we reduce Tariffs on Japanese Cars ,we must reduce them
on EU Cars by the same amount.

The EU Trade computer systems are big enough to cope with Brexit, ours are not.

Germany and the Netherlands have already started recruiting thousands of staff, we have not.

There are 130,000 UK companies who for the first time,will have to fill in certificates,pay tariffs and VAT on each export to the EU and the other 40 Countries we crash out of Trade Deals with.

We could have sorted this within the 2 years, instead we are asking for a Transition.

The situation is so bad that May is now asking for an unlimited Transition.
How can you employ thousands of civil servants when you don't know what you are employing them for or if they are needed.?

That just doesn't make sense.

We don't know the future trading arrangement and that is because the leaving process is flawed, as intended.

At some point we may have to walk away. That's just the way the leaving process has been constructed.

But Leave we must!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top