Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 04:10 PM

Do you frequent coffee shops...

...like Starbucks, Costa, Cafe Nero et al.? These establishments seem to be frequently mobbed

I don't see how people can afford them, and thirty+ years ago where did all the people go when there were simply a few cafes around? They must have gone somewhere.

I object to paying for a coffee outside when I could buy a whole jar of the stuff from a supermarket for the same price which would last for a few weeks.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 04:24 PM

Re: Do you frequent coffee shops...

Same here, if I want a cup of coffee I will find a café not one of these coffee shops, these people who sit in Costa's & Starbucks must have plenty of money to waste.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 04:28 PM

I often see people in the street carrying one of these expensive drinks and wonder did they not have coffee before leaving the house...or is there not a kettle at work.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 04:29 PM

No, I don't Dreamy, but I do when I am away.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 04:32 PM

Hi

We have community coffee shops, one in Market Drayton, one in Whitchurch.

One is all volunteer, the other employees people with learning difficulties.

Coffee is half the price of Starbucks and Co the cakes are all homemade and dirt cheap as well.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I hate those type of places! Many of the people just sit and people watch for hours!

I have my Waitrose card and get a free drink! They do have seats outside but l avoid anyone who catches my eye...as l know they want to tell me their life story with no opportunity for me to utter a word!
This type usually frequent buses too!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I go in the ones that are expensive & the cheaper cafés too. Depends where I am when I want a coffee & what's near me. Mostly the Costa's etc have lovely coffee anyway, even if pricey & I love frothy coffee.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

14-11-2017, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We have community coffee shops, one in Market Drayton, one in Whitchurch.

One is all volunteer, the other employees people with learning difficulties.

Coffee is half the price of Starbucks and Co the cakes are all homemade and dirt cheap as well.
They sound good - more like what there should be on the high street.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 04:40 PM

I don't often go into the local town but if I do and want a coffee I pop into the mosque they always have the kettle on, and if I'm in the village the ladies from the church run a coffee shop money goes to the homeless. They make best tea I've ever had and at 30p a cup cheap as chips too. They do a nice apricot and custard slice to go with it.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 04:42 PM

If I do use a coffee shop it's an independent

Waiting patiently for one to open in our local town. The guy that is opening it already has a coffee shop about 6 miles away and the food and coffee is superb. Not cheap, but all made on the premises. The only trouble is, the scones are HUGE

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top