Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 06:35 PM

Re: Modern Gismos

Our current car has assisted reverse parking. The car salesman demonstrated how to use it before I drove the car away from the showroom and I said no thanks when it came to me trying it. It scares the living daylights out of me not being in control. There'll be no way I'll be having a driverless car!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 06:38 PM

When we moved into our new home in 2012, we discovered the cooker has a convection hob, which required new saucepans as my old ones weren't compatible, YE GODS!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
That all sounds acceptably hi-tech to me.

I actually had a hoover once, a Bosch I think .. and even emptying the dust compartment used to stump me.

And here's another senile old bat.
I am totally useless at understanding technology.

To make it even worse, some things don't even come with a bloomin' manual - like my printer for example - and you have to look it all up online!

Then very often you have to wade through 15 pages of foreign stuff before you finally find one page of English instruction.

I would quite like to change my mobile, but daren't!

Drives me nuts it does!

Drives me nuts it does.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
When we moved into our new home in 2012, we discovered the cooker has a convection hob, which required new saucepans as my old ones weren't compatible, YE GODS!
Do you mean an induction hob?
Its a myth you need all new saucepans!
All you need is a handy magnet...if the magnet attaches itself to the base of your saucepan then its fine to use.
We discovered that most of our really old big family casserole saucepans were ok!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
All you need is a handy magnet...if the magnet attaches itself to the base of your saucepan then its fine to use.
We discovered that most of our really old big family casserole saucepans were ok!!

Ooer never knew that ruthio.
That's worth knowing, thank you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 06:49 PM

I have a problem if I accidentally press a button while picking up the TV remote control and suddenly find I have an annoying commentary, no sound at all or the picture has disappeared
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 06:50 PM

What the hell is one of them

Next time I need a cooker I'm just going to get two sticks to rub together and a pile of combustible material and if the pans don't work ... tough.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 06:52 PM

my induction hob tells me if saucepan is wrong type,it just don't turn on,,so some of my old ones were ok,
im pretty lost on teccy stuff,does that make me an old bat to
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 07:22 PM

Sorry I meant induction, we did use a magnet and none of them were compatible.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 07:42 PM

you should try my book of camera instructions 504 pages of them no less. That is just the official Nikon D810 book.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top