Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2013, 09:30 PM

Re: Favorite makeup

Originally Posted by Mimi 2 2 ->
It's sad that women have not found the right products, which enhances their appearance - there is nothing like being told:
"You don't look like a grandmother!".
I am embracing my great auntiness with open arms, love being mistaken for their grandmother. Grey hair loving it, and have never, well only on my wedding day worn makeup. Hated it with a passion and wished I hadn't bothered.

I feel more sad for women who cannot cope au natural and feel their appearance needs enhancing. Perhaps I have been lucky to have been loved for me not for what I looked like.....
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 11:44 AM

I agree: I am just not dressed without perfume!
The newest by Lancome "Life is beautiful" is my current
love. It seems to last longer than Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Perfume.
What is your favorite?
Chanel No5 or Balmain's Jolie Madame or Estee or the original Chypre - for me even after all these years.
More modern ones and a bit cheaper - Kenzo Flower, Eden and Tahiti
Mimi 2 2
New Member!
US
Mimi 2 2 is female 

06-06-2013, 12:37 PM

Oh definitely, classic Chanel N05 - and of course a Chanel handbag to complete everything!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 12:48 PM

Chanel no5 smells like cats pee, of course it's all a matter of taste & pocket! Poison smells like fly spray! Why pay the prices!
There are people starving in the World.
Just thought I'd be controversial, not being "high maintenance" myself.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 01:18 PM

Dont like perfume, theres a 'natural' spritzer I use, Liz Earle skin tonic, has a lovely natural fragrance - very yummy and Pats smells as fresh as a little flower .... nice .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 01:29 PM

Oh definitely, classic Chanel N05 - and of course a Chanel handbag to complete everything!
Really not for me thank you, a total waste of money as far as I am concerned. I have got more worth while things to spend my money on like supporting dogs in the local rescue center. Any old bag will do to carry around my few possessions .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 01:45 PM

Never understand why people pay a fortune for bags and shoes.....
A right rip-off !!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Chanel no5 smells like cats pee, of course it's all a matter of taste & pocket! Poison smells like fly spray! Why pay the prices!
There are people starving in the World.
Just thought I'd be controversial, not being "high maintenance" myself.
Depends on which cat is wearing it, I suppose - sometimes the chemistry is not right and I agree it certainly is a matter of taste. I wear perfume simply because I like it - it makes me feel good. I also like the smell of Johnson's baby talc. Although unfortunately some things I like have a bigger cost, everything is relative and a little goes a long way. I don't think wearing perfume can be considered "high maintenance" and my not wearing perfume won't make any difference to the starving people in the world. I spend very little on hairdressers (maybe 3 times a year I have a cut - that's all of about £30 per year). I don't go to health farms or pampering salons. I pay nothing on my nails and one bottle of makeup foundation has lasted me over 2 years and is still going strong.
If anyone could actually see me on here, they would fall about laughing at the suggestion that I could be "high maintenance". Emotionally I probably am high maintenance, but that's not my fault.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Really not for me thank you, a total waste of money as far as I am concerned. I have got more worth while things to spend my money on like supporting dogs in the local rescue center. Any old bag will do to carry around my few possessions .
Just bought a waist bag, only £7 from e-bay carries all my meds (epipens etc) and everything I need for dog walking including poo bags and treats, has a hanging thingy (technical term) for a water bottle so all occasions covered.

Leaves hands free so able to have two flexy leads or lunge leads on the go - best bag I have ever owned !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-06-2013, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Depends on which cat is wearing it, I suppose - sometimes the chemistry is not right and I agree it certainly is a matter of taste. I wear perfume simply because I like it - it makes me feel good. I also like the smell of Johnson's baby talc. Although unfortunately some things I like have a bigger cost, everything is relative and a little goes a long way. I don't think wearing perfume can be considered "high maintenance" and my not wearing perfume won't make any difference to the starving people in the world. I spend very little on hairdressers (maybe 3 times a year I have a cut - that's all of about £30 per year). I don't go to health farms or pampering salons. I pay nothing on my nails and one bottle of makeup foundation has lasted me over 2 years and is still going strong.
If anyone could actually see me on here, they would fall about laughing at the suggestion that I could be "high maintenance". Emotionally I probably am high maintenance, but that's not my fault.
Gosh don't mention hairdressers with long hair it costs a fortune so I once a year give my husband the scissors and say cut straight across at the back it'll be fine, and sometimes I am right LOL others it takes a week or two to get used to.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top