Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2013, 09:51 PM

Re: Wimbledon 2013

I missed today's play at Wimbledon as I was at my Daughter's.

Will be watching tomorrow though when Federer and Murray both have matches.

I'm pleased to hear Laura Robson won by beating the 10th seed - I think she will go on from strength to strength over the coming years.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2013, 10:34 AM

What a day yesterday!
Federer and Sharapova gone and all the moaning about the grass!
I'm not sure what game I'll be watching today - when are the 'old boys' playing doubles? - 'such fun'
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2013, 10:57 AM

Alas, I fear that the second week will not be as good as usual, with all these seeds out Tuned into Federer's match when I got home from work and it was amazing. But his forehand was really letting him down. I wonder if he will retire soon? Hope the Ukrainian who beat him goes a long way - he was a joy to watch.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2013, 09:11 PM

Seven players withdrew on Wednesday through injury - I didn't realise it was that many!
I read of 'Wild Wednesday' 'Wacky Wednesday' and 'Wednesday Wipeout'

Apparently Sharapova and Serena Williams had a public spat! What is going on?

With so many seeds gone, it's seems certain it will be a Murray and Djokovic final - sorry guys but I really like Djokovic.

The womens? I can't see our Laura Robson beating Serena Williams but I do hope Laura does well.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2013, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Seven players withdrew on Wednesday through injury - I didn't realise it was that many!

With so many seeds gone, it's seems certain it will be a Murray and Djokovic final - sorry guys but I really like Djokovic.

The womens? I can't see our Laura Robson beating Serena Williams but I do hope Laura does well.
Don't give up on Laura yet, she did beat Venus Williams in the Italian Open in May which was quite an achievement ...... although she lost to Serena in the following round
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2013, 10:06 AM

Me too
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2013, 08:26 PM

They're fighting over a boyfriend and ex-boyfriend who happens to be the same person.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

28-06-2013, 08:42 PM

Thanks for enlightening me Jeff. I wonder if it put Sharapova off her game?
Didn't our Laura do well today .. one step away from the fourth round I believe? We haven't got this far in women's tennis for years.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2013, 12:32 AM

So, here we are again.......Wimbledon 2013
Federer just won - and easily too So who is watching this year?
I'd rather have a lobotomy - it causes far less brain damage than watching tennis (or indeed any sport)
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2013, 04:06 PM

Laura Robson has just gone from 1-6 3-5 down
to win 1-6 7-5 6-3

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top