Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2013, 11:48 AM

Pending Enviromental Disaster

There are a lot of problems caused by dihydrogen monoxide in the environment including several deaths each year. Be very careful, deadly to young children.

ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2013, 12:15 PM

Re: Pending Enviromental Disaster

I've never heard of it before but have just read an article on it but have to say, I don't feel any the wiser (I tend to avoid using chemicals in the home anyway). I just wish governments would pay more attention to stuff like this.

This is the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2013, 01:18 PM

I seem to recall it's in those Styrofoam cups and many plastic products, been known about for years I wonder why we don't hear more about it ?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2013, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I seem to recall it's in those Styrofoam cups and many plastic products, been known about for years I wonder why we don't hear more about it ?
I know plastic packaging has been shown to be a health risk and yet it is still allowed? I've long said that drinks should come in glass bottles again. I firmly believe that when the truth is out, as it always will do at some point, it will turn out that many ailments that affected people, will have come from modern manufacturing processes.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2013, 05:23 PM

I agree with that BV - use 'common sense' when purchasing ....
Never go by the 'hype' .....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

12-07-2013, 05:45 PM

It's such a shame Pats (and shameful I suppose) that various governments fail to protect people against things like this and yet they must know about it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2013, 05:50 PM

We watched a docu some weeks back, it was going on in the late 1800's, those very tight laced corsets, did terrible damage to internal organs - lead and arsenic used in wallpaper and paint, caused severe illnesses and 'death'..... Didn't stop them tho' did it ....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

12-07-2013, 06:16 PM

It makes you wonder why they have a cut-off point on some things but not others
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

12-07-2013, 06:33 PM

What things - cut off point .....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2013, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I am not sure about styrofoam but its use is widespread in many manufacturing processes in fact every home receives large quantities of dihydrogen monoxide every year. At one time it was thought that there was no maximum dose, indeed its over use was encouraged, but now it is known that too much is not good for you and athletes have been warned to control their intake very carefully.

Large areas of this chemical have been found in some homes and these days they are required to be fenced off to protect children from its deadly effect. Be very, very careful it can kill.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top