Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 02:26 AM

Re: Any Budding Authors?

Mark, check out my Crusty stories on here. Excuse the faulty posts at the beginning.

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=6527
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Mark, check out my Crusty stories on here. Excuse the faulty posts at the beginning.

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=6527
Will do - bit later on - looking forward to them .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 08:08 AM

Mollie, just read first chapter. Very entertaining! Will read the others when I have more time. Not ideal this morning as I have to do my computer lessons soon.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 09:44 AM

Well I must admit I have been taken aback by the demand for very short website articles. I just replied to an interested party who obviously wants a considerable number of them.

Hi ******

Thanks for you inquiry.

It is a little premature for me to attempt to provide articles to anyone at this moment in time. I have knowledgeable people who have very good writing and typing skills but I or them have no knowledge of creating articles for sale. My thread on PerformanceIN Forums was merely an information gathering one.

It would help me in my endeavors to know what your website's readers require, what interests and so on? Could you possibly supply me with an article that ticks all the boxes for you?

Again, I must stress that it will be a while before I can act on the above and indeed whether I want to act on the above at all really as it was my intention to pass the writers on to someone who deals with this sort of thing rather than become involved myself. Still it is intriguing and I'm not ruling out my involvement if there is sufficient demand.

Regards

Mark
Be interesting to see how this all pans out.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 09:52 AM

Fingers crossed
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

27-08-2013, 10:37 AM

Well I thought I would have put the interested party off with my response to be honest but no, he has come back with more info. What he requires is for someone to rewrite articles that have already been written - travel site articles. There is work here by the looks of it. Waiting to hear back about how much money he is talking about per article and how many articles he wants altering.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 10:41 AM

Ooh, I could do that! Are you going to share this with us

(I have rewritten articles for the BBC so I'm hoping that would mean I'm not too bad at it )
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

27-08-2013, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Ooh, I could do that! Are you going to share this with us

(I have rewritten articles for the BBC so I'm hoping that would mean I'm not too bad at it )
Ah, but you got plenty of dosh haven't you? Was thinking more of getting work for someone a bit more 'needy' than yourself.

ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

27-08-2013, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Ah, but you got plenty of dosh haven't you? Was thinking more of getting work for someone a bit more 'needy' than yourself.
I wish no, hubbie hid the lot in some bank somewhere in the world under a company name I don't know so, I'm as poor as a church mouse now.

None more needy than me Mark
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

27-08-2013, 11:23 AM

Apparently they will also require articles to be written for a number of travel sites they are acquiring soon. I suppose they send as much info regarding the destinations and the writer then uses their imagination to create the much needed articles.

Anyways I should hear back from him at some time or other - soon I expect.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top