Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 09:34 PM

Re: favourite hobbies

probably just more organized...i know i was.....now i have plenty of time to do things i want to do ...not have to do...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Steve63 ->
I am a member of a local club which goes on Paranormal investigations, i have been doing this about 4 years now and i thoroughly enjoy it. we have all the kit and are really quite professional. We have a number of psychics, and also a few tech guys who set up the equipment. i understand its not everyone's thing, but i enjoy hanging around in graveyards after dark, hehe
Have you ever felt really scared Steve?
Steve63
Plymouth UK
Steve63 is male 

24-08-2013, 02:40 AM

Yes I have Mups. Very often. Usually for no good reason. Just the mind playing tricks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Steve63 ->
Yes I have Mups. Very often. Usually for no good reason. Just the mind playing tricks.
There is a group of people in this area who do the same as you, think I'd find it a bit too spooky for me though, and I do believe you can invite the 'wrong' things too.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 08:37 PM

Reading. I am always at my library, and have so many favourite authors I'm rarely without a good book.

Genealogy, when I have a spare day! Takes up so much time.

My little allotment. When I feel like weeding/harvesting/digging/sitting down with a cup of coffee, relaxing.

Computing. Either doing something for the allotment committee, web surfing, letter writing, wasting time on addictive forums. Lol

Voluntary work. Tuesdays helping with computer lessons. This Monday I will start helping a local lady with her animals, start off with a few hours, mucking out and feeding, to get practical experience.

Shopping. Or window shopping. No money to spend so either supermarket necessities, or going around big stores, just browsing.

Day trips. Might go off to London using my free Oyster card and just look around, always taking own lunch and a flask. Jump on a bus if the feet get tired (which they do very quickly now)

Creative writing. When there are no disturbances around me I try to get into it. Got a full size novel on the go, and I like doing short stories too. I also started many years ago spoof Top Gear episodes. Now in the middle of TG does I'm A Celebrity. Won't get anywhere with it, of course, but just enjoy doing it so much.

Started that on a TG forum, but don't go on there anymore. But still do the writing. Very happy and confident with my writing, and determined to publish one day.
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 10:42 AM

my you do keep busy...i think that's great...good luck with the novel.....i like genealogy too....been doing both mine and my husbands family tree for about 6 or 7 years.....it can take over your life...it's very interesting
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by lavander ->
my you do keep busy...i think that's great...good luck with the novel.....i like genealogy too....been doing both mine and my husbands family tree for about 6 or 7 years.....it can take over your life...it's very interesting
Thanks. But as I said, not worked on it for a long time. Still 'fighting' to get the upstairs tenants out. If I had quieter neighbours, I could concentrate. At the moment, I just can't, so fill my time with other activities.

Dreading the winter months when I can't escape, unless they've got the message and gone.
Steve63
Plymouth UK
Steve63 is male 

25-08-2013, 07:58 PM

Hi Jazzi.
I am feeling exhausted just reading all the things you do.. no chance of you saying i'm bored then.
some rally great stuff there. i love computing myself and really like reading too. i wouldnt be without my kindle now.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

25-08-2013, 10:39 PM

Just to assure you, I don't do all of them at once! Sounds exhausting, but I don't go out everyday, or garden every day, or do genealogy...oh but you get my drift!
lavander
s. scotland

26-08-2013, 01:29 PM

oh my...that must be terrible to have up stair neighbors like that...I'm very
fortunate that where i live we don't have anyone upstairs....and the neighbors are great.....the only annoying thing is when the people in the next street play their music...sooooooooo loud...and it's the boom boom sort of music...thankfully it doesn't happen often...when i start the genealogy...everything else gets forgotten...he he

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top