Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 01:40 PM

Re: favourite hobbies

I know lavander, you just get drawn in and everything else fades in the background. I am doing my computer lessons in the morning: I might ask to use a pc terminal for a bit and do more research, before going home.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 06:56 PM

I've just started making altered books, (another hobby eek!) got free old books from the library & they gave us lessons. It's therapeutic!
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 10:41 AM

what's altered books twiz.....i like making greeting cards.....i could spend hours at it ....when the mood tales me...
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

31-08-2013, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Steve63 ->
I am a member of a local club which goes on Paranormal investigations, i have been doing this about 4 years now and i thoroughly enjoy it. we have all the kit and are really quite professional. We have a number of psychics, and also a few tech guys who set up the equipment. i understand its not everyone's thing, but i enjoy hanging around in graveyards after dark, hehe
Hello Steve,thats an interesting hobby mate,very unusual too,lots of haunted places in Australia too,good one mate!

Billy
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

31-08-2013, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Well... I cook, clean, fix things, smoke and drink whisky. What more does a man need
Sex?
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

31-08-2013, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Reading. I am always at my library, and have so many favourite authors I'm rarely without a good book.

Genealogy, when I have a spare day! Takes up so much time.

My little allotment. When I feel like weeding/harvesting/digging/sitting down with a cup of coffee, relaxing.

Computing. Either doing something for the allotment committee, web surfing, letter writing, wasting time on addictive forums. Lol

Voluntary work. Tuesdays helping with computer lessons. This Monday I will start helping a local lady with her animals, start off with a few hours, mucking out and feeding, to get practical experience.

Shopping. Or window shopping. No money to spend so either supermarket necessities, or going around big stores, just browsing.

Day trips. Might go off to London using my free Oyster card and just look around, always taking own lunch and a flask. Jump on a bus if the feet get tired (which they do very quickly now)

Creative writing. When there are no disturbances around me I try to get into it. Got a full size novel on the go, and I like doing short stories too. I also started many years ago spoof Top Gear episodes. Now in the middle of TG does I'm A Celebrity. Won't get anywhere with it, of course, but just enjoy doing it so much.

Started that on a TG forum, but don't go on there anymore. But still do the writing. Very happy and confident with my writing, and determined to publish one day.
My God,when do you sleep? lol.
I was getting tired just reading about your schedule,good for you.

Billy
Archer
Adelaide, South Australia
Archer is male  Archer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2013, 08:10 PM

My hobby and major interest is photography...I've been doing it for many, many years but much more seriously since retiring.
I also do a bit of teaching and enter the odd competition.
My other interests are, the Sporting Car Club Of South Australia and the Adelaide Archery Club. Sadly I can no longer shoot but keep my hand in with a bit of coaching, both beginner's classes and more advanced.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top