Join for free
Page 2 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 07:08 PM

Re: Over 50s Dating

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
I agree it could be good for the singles on here as many of them like flirting anyway. Let's hope there's no spillover from a dating site onto here. I don't mean to sound like a church lady, what I mean is, we've already been through a battle of sorts lately with some crudeness. I realize its better for a site to keep having new members joining all the time, but if the dating possibilities can't find anyone on their area, these members may begin bothering people here with out & out suggestiveness or we'll be going through what we all just went through. Am I making sense?
Yes you are AC.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 07:09 PM

I know of another site which is also a dating site,the owner and his partner met through the dating part I believe.Must say its not for me I'm looking for nourishment not punishment.
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

29-06-2014, 07:14 PM

I do understand where you are coming from AC, but that wouldn't be one of my fears. For a start you are taking a very pessimistic view of what dating site members might be like, they could be fine and fit in well.

For another even just saying that, does sound as if people here don't want new members. I don't think you mean it that way but it does come over a little bit like that.

I am not from whatever site it was that shut down, nor someone who had been on here long so i have no .. 'side'.. to take on this.

I have to say that my experience on other, different forums is that people come and go and there is change. If the community doesn't adapt, the site will die. Everyone needs to bear this mind, old and new alike.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
I know of another site which is also a dating site,the owner and his partner met through the dating part I believe.Must say its not for me I'm looking for nourishment not punishment.
Know it, hate it, mods get away with everything.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Margoletta ->
I do understand where you are coming from AC, but that wouldn't be one of my fears. For a start you are taking a very pessimistic view of what dating site members might be like, they could be fine and fit in well.

For another even just saying that, does sound as if people here don't want new members. I don't think you mean it that way but it does come over a little bit like that.

I am not from whatever site it was that shut down, nor someone who had been on here long so i have no .. 'side'.. to take on this.

I have to say that my experience on other, different forums is that people come and go and there is change. If the community doesn't adapt, the site will die. Everyone needs to bear this mind, old and new alike.
You've been talking to people

And no I'm not being pessimistic at all nor judging everyone.
I'm merely stating a true concern after all the real BS that has gone on here lately.

Its not my site, Azz is a big boy, he'll do what he wants
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 07:32 PM

Know it, hate it, mods get away with everything.
I didn't like the lay out,just couldn't get on with it.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 08:10 PM

Thanks for the feedback everyone

Originally Posted by Honey ->
Azz I've perused dating sites in the past and you have to give out a fair amount of personal information, your description, where you live, likes and dislikes etc, one thing I liked about them is no one knows you so I wouldn't join a site which is affiliated to another where members already know of me, I think it takes guts to do online dating and I personally would feel uncomfortable sharing such info with others who I already have an "online" friendly relationship with such as here
I think we'd probably do things a little differently, Honey ...by having a public profile, and additional elements of it that are private and can be set to only show to verified members.

So, let's say anyone can register (and we'll do our usual checks to try to weed out bots or spammers, such as utilising techniques such as bot-traps and email verifications etc) and so once successfully registered the member would be classed as a 'registered member'. However, we would then offer a verification status, where we'll be able verify a member if they so wish. We'll do this by checking that the town and name they give us is is actually what they say it is - and once that (and a few other things) clears our checks they will be shown as a 'verified member'.

Then, all members (whether verified or not) will be able to choose whether they show things to (or accept messages from) either all members, or just verified members - items such as their photos, their likes and dislikes etc.

So, if someone wants to be more discreet, they will have the option to show things just to others who as genuinely interested as they are - and withhold details from any ol Tom Dick or Harry (or fake account) that might join up

How does that sound?

Originally Posted by Pats ->
I will say though that you have to be careful and make sure that the dating site and social side are separate specifically clear or you get people joining with avatars in a state of undress and worse in their picture galleries. and they start 'propositioning' members of the opposite sex as soon as they join.
All public photos will have to be 'family friendly' so I don't think there will be much risk of that

Also it will be clear that they are separate sites, and while linked, they serve different purposes. I think it will be ok.

Originally Posted by Margoletta ->
I would say a cautious yes.

I am single and not looking for anyone, but if there was a decent site that wasn't full of trolls, or pervs looking for hookups (to say nothing of Russian women looking to rip lonely guys off) then yes, I might give it a whirl.😸 Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say!
Hopefully we'll weed out trolls, and the verification process I mentioned above will make it very difficult for people to pose as someone from any other country than their own

I agree it could be good for the singles on here as many of them like flirting anyway. Let's hope there's no spillover from a dating site onto here. I don't mean to sound like a church lady, what I mean is, we've already been through a battle of sorts lately with some crudeness. I realize its better for a site to keep having new members joining all the time, but if the dating possibilities can't find anyone on their area, these members may begin bothering people here with out & out suggestiveness or we'll be going through what we all just went through. Am I making sense?
I don't think we have to worry about that too much AC.

Whatever happens, I am sure we will adapt and do our best to accommodate every genuine member - whether they like a bit of flirting... or not
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 08:33 PM

I'd join ... could it have a section to find a dance partner, please
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Thanks for the feedback everyone

I think we'd probably do things a little differently, Honey ...by having a public profile, and additional elements of it that are private and can be set to only show to verified members.

So, let's say anyone can register (and we'll do our usual checks to try to weed out bots or spammers, such as utilising techniques such as bot-traps and email verifications etc) and so once successfully registered the member would be classed as a 'registered member'. However, we would then offer a verification status, where we'll be able verify a member if they so wish. We'll do this by checking that the town and name they give us is is actually what they say it is - and once that (and a few other things) clears our checks they will be shown as a 'verified member'.

Then, all members (whether verified or not) will be able to choose whether they show things to (or accept messages from) either all members, or just verified members - items such as their photos, their likes and dislikes etc.

So, if someone wants to be more discreet, they will have the option to show things just to others who as genuinely interested as they are - and withhold details from any ol Tom Dick or Harry (or fake account) that might join up

How does that sound?

so what stops any married/curious members here from checking out the sister site?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
so what stops any married/curious members here from checking out the sister site?
Decency and honesty ?

Page 2 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top