Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 10:53 AM

Oestrogen in the water supply

I didn't want to hijack Shropshiregirl's thread on the Census, so I've started this one.

The Census thread talked of the politically correct bunch of snowflakes' thoughts on transgender people disclosing what sex they are.

My wife asked, (and possibly answered), the question, how quickly this transgender business has come about - feeling the need to change your sex.

She pointed out that the vast majority of cases of transgender cases were of men wanting to become women.

Oestrogen has been introduced into our water system with the explosive use of the birth pill since the 60's.

She further pointed out that there have been increasing reports of the impact oestrogen has on the fish population, where the male fish are getting confused as to what to do during the breeding season. and it is her belief there is a correlation between that and this latest transgender 'fad' we are experiencing.

So after 57 years of peeing oestrogen into the water system, are we all turning into 'binary people' and 'it's because it's in the water'?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 01:12 PM

Re: Oestrogen in the water supply

You may be right there. I help run a forum for a medical condition called klinefelters the men don't produce enough testosterone. We have seen a huge rise in the past thirty years in this problem.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 01:15 PM

An interesting theory. I wouldn't dispute it.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 01:20 PM

Oh gawd! Well it will stop us worrying about which toilet to use!

Is it caused by middle aged women trying to stay young? So many seem to be on HRT these days. Not me, my oestrogen is all my own what there is left of it!
Do they still extract it from pregnant mares urine?

Are'nt plastic bottles doing this too?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
I didn't want to hijack Shropshiregirl's thread on the Census, so I've started this one.

The Census thread talked of the politically correct bunch of snowflakes' thoughts on transgender people disclosing what sex they are.

My wife asked, (and possibly answered), the question, how quickly this transgender business has come about - feeling the need to change your sex.

She pointed out that the vast majority of cases of transgender cases were of men wanting to become women.

Oestrogen has been introduced into our water system with the explosive use of the birth pill since the 60's.

She further pointed out that there have been increasing reports of the impact oestrogen has on the fish population, where the male fish are getting confused as to what to do during the breeding season. and it is her belief there is a correlation between that and this latest transgender 'fad' we are experiencing.

So after 57 years of peeing oestrogen into the water system, are we all turning into 'binary people' and 'it's because it's in the water'?
I understand that it is now fashionable amongst the ‘yummy mummy’ set to have a child who is ‘sexually confused’ it used to be that Tarquin and Cressida had ‘issues’ now it’s gender identification.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 06:43 AM

Ink this is a very viable possibility as there are many examples of the feminising of animals throughout the world especially those that live in water such as crocodiles .

I have just put this link into the plastics thread but it revelavant here as well.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...feminise-boys/
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 08:37 AM

Hi

The oestrogen used in contraceptive pills and HRT is synthetic, not natural.

The EU did propose reducing the levels in mains water by a third, the UK objected on the grounds of cost.

If you are in anyway concerned, just run your drinking water through an activated carbon filter, that will remove it.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 09:48 AM

My loos are gender neutral.

Are yours?
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
My loos are gender neutral.

Are yours?
Not mine, they are male only,.. and yes the seat is always left up !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The oestrogen used in contraceptive pills and HRT is synthetic, not natural.

The EU did propose reducing the levels in mains water by a third, the UK objected on the grounds of cost.

If you are in anyway concerned, just run your drinking water through an activated carbon filter, that will remove it.
I have just fitted a carbon filter to my drinking water, mainly to remove the odd taste we get first thing in the morning and it has certainly improved our coffee.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top