Join for free
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 09:31 PM

Re: Mixed race marriages.

Of course there's nothing wrong with mixed race marriages. I know happily married English/Caribbean and English/Indian partnerships - all of who met in the normal way.

I was referring to men who actively seek ladies from poorer countries. There are many websites out there..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
You've got that in one Kid....British Women are not subservient...and some British Guys just won't accept that..tuff shit...go abroad and find a poor Woman who is
Can you blame them for going abroad to find a wife?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Can you blame them for going abroad to find a wife?
Oh,how would I know...I've never done it...have/would You?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Oh,how would I know...I've never done it...have/would You?
No May, I married a good old fashioned Yorkshire girl from Barnsley, It took a while to understand what she was saying, but after forty five years I'm getting the hang of it...
But honestly, I don't have a problem with mixed marriages if they are for the right reasons....

What you doin' Sunday May....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 10:52 PM

My son married a girl from Brazil, now I have three beautiful granddaughters
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 10:53 PM

I must admit to be in a mixed race marriage......so far 20 plus years, and I 'found' her in Sainsbury.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
My new neighbour is a really nice young man - in his early thirties, quite nice looking. in work, drives a 4/4 and I'm sure he could get most girls he set his mind on.

He is however waiting for his future bride to come over here. She's from the Philippines and currently they are having a lot of problems with red tape etc.

I just wondered why a young man would want a bride from another country when there are many nice single girls here?

(No I haven't asked him)
I'm not really sure what you are asking -
Do you know how your neighbour met his future bride?
Have they met in person or has it all been via 'online dating'?
Or is it a 'mail order bride' type arrangement?

The son of my friend was a really fit, good looking bloke in his 30s when he fell in love and married a woman from the Phillipines too.
He worked as a travel agent and met his future bride when he was on a work related trip abroad checking out hotels etc. His future bride worked in the hotel industry in the Phillipines. They spent a year or two courting at a distance, and travelling back and forth to visit each other. I seem to remember it took them quite a long time to sort out all the details to enable her to come to UK to live.
That was about 15 years ago and they are still happily married, with main residence in U.K. but travel back to see her family once or twice a year.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
No May, I married a good old fashioned Yorkshire girl from Barnsley, It took a while to understand what she was saying, but after forty five years I'm getting the hang of it...
But honestly, I don't have a problem with mixed marriages if they are for the right reasons....

What you doin' Sunday May....
I'm goin' tae Church tae ask for forgiveness for being a naughty Girl....Whach yoo doin?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
Do you know how your neighbour met his future bride?

I'm speculating that he met her on one of these many dating sites, He has however been over there twice and stayed with her so they may or may not have fallen in love...
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm speculating that he met her on one of these many dating sites, He has however been over there twice and stayed with her so they may or may not have fallen in love...
It could be an ice-breaker topic of conversation when you meet her - you can invite her round for a welcoming cuppa when she moves in next door and find out all about how they got together.

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top