Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 11:24 AM

Some people can be horrible

I'm very proud of Grace she's refusing to go to a birthday party this coming weekend because not all the kids in the class have been invited, if it was just a few invited fair enough but the parent has left out one little boy. He must feel like rubbish knowing he's the only child not going.

All because he won't look good in the photographs they want to put on face book.

So I'm really proud Gracie has said she won't go either, and wants the little boy to come round for tea with us. She's even worked out to give him a goodie bag and some games to play like a party.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 11:26 AM

Re: Some people can be horrible

Blinking heck, I'm surprised any parent would allow their child to that party!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 11:27 AM

Julie that is so touching, you must be so proud.
She sounds like me as a child, one thing I detest is prejudice.
It will be a very special tea now.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 11:29 AM

It's amazing summer she's one of the boss mummies at the school gate I think some people are scared to cross her. Being the poor family with the bursary we are persona non gratis with her anyway, she makes an exception for Grace as she's top of the class and thinks Grace can help her child.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 11:35 AM

I'm not sure about this one Julie, it doesn't make much sense to me.
Who on earth invites an entire class of children to their party in the first place?
When I was at school there were about 30 kids to a class, my Mum could never have fed 30 of 'em!
I thought everyone only invited their best friends - don't they?

And as for the little lad, who said the photo's were the reason they didn't want him, was it heresay or fact? If it is really true, then they are unbelievable spiteful people, but I can't help but wonder whether it is more likely that he is simply not on the girl's 'close friends' list. Perhaps they've even had a scrap at school and that is why she doesn't want him there.
I can honestly hardly believe it is because of a photo. That is weird.

You said later that not all the class were going, only a few, so this little boy is not the only one uninvited at all, so I don't understand why he should feel bad?

Have I misunderstood?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

23-11-2017, 11:44 AM

Oh it's all about what looks good on her face book page mups you'd think her entire family and friends were models from the piccies she posts, her mum is never posted because she refuses to conform to the beauty ideal of make up etc.

And sadly one thing I've found about private school parties is its about how many mummy and daddy can fit in the gazebo, yes they get a gazebo !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

23-11-2017, 11:45 AM

Sorry I mistyped I think as all the class are going except the boy and Gracie.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 11:51 AM

I feel like you Mups. I find it very hard to believe that any parent would say they didn't want a child at a party because he or she would spoil the photos. Even harder to believe that a young child would say that was the reason he wasn't invited. Perhaps these two children simply don't like each other, in which case it would make more sense.

If it really is because of the photo, then I would think any parent would have a word with the party child's mother, after all we would all jump to the defence of our children and would surely never let such a horrible insult to a small child pass without a word.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm not sure about this one Julie, it doesn't make much sense to me.
Who on earth invites an entire class of children to their party in the first place?
When I was at school there were about 30 kids to a class,
my Mum could never have fed 30 of 'em!
I thought everyone only invited their best friends - don't they?

And as for the little lad, who said the photo's were the reason they didn't want him, was it heresay or fact? If it is really true, then they are unbelievable spiteful people, but I can't help but wonder whether it is more likely that he is simply not on the girl's 'close friends' list. Perhaps they've even had a scrap at school and that is why she doesn't want him there.
I can honestly hardly believe it is because of a photo. That is weird.

You said later that not all the class were going, only a few, so this little boy is not the only one uninvited at all, so I don't understand why he should feel bad?

Have I misunderstood?

The Secondery school my daughter went to one of the parents not only invited the whole class but also a Bus was hired to take them to the Cinema and the Cinema room was hired too .
The parent of the child was a local Radio presenter very ,very Popular , a local lad from the slums who made it big time .
A very nice man and lots of people turned out for his Funeral when he died ..
melfort
borders
melfort is female  melfort has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 12:05 PM

What a lovely girl Grace is and what rude parents they are. Imagine alienating a child?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top