Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 10:06 AM

Re: Oh Dear!!! - Brexit not going so well

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
They will have to re-open the pits and revive the iron and steel industry as well, because we won't be able to afford to buy any from abroad once the price rises.
Not like you to bring us good news Purwell!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
What have we to sell? Thatcher destroyed our engineering industry.
That's called opportunity, my son, Get off your arse, Start a business, satisfy a demand.

Only open to dynamic, thinking people who don't expect everything on a plate and everything to be spoon fed by a Nanny State !
Moscow
Scotland

04-01-2018, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nobody was queuing up at all, that was just propaganda.

Trade Deals take years, we can talk to and negotiate with whoever we want, we can sign on the day we leave and any deals come into force immediately.

What has happened is that Liam Fox has alienated so many many Countries, they have formally complained to the WTO.
If that was just propoganda then you can't also claim it was down to Liam Foxe's incompetence. You can't have it both ways.

You need to show a link or evidence to back up your claim that Fox has alienated many, many countries.

That is just hyperbole.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
If that was just propoganda then you can't also claim it was down to Liam Foxe's incompetence. You can't have it both ways.

You need to show a link or evidence to back up your claim that Fox has alienated many, many countries.

That is just hyperbole.
Hi

It was actually just a typo, my mistake.

As for the rest of it

https://www.ft.com/content/92bb5636-...5-27219df83c97

Fox's Technical Rectification is also causing issues with Japan, Canada and South Korea.

It is not good just to tell potential trade partners what we are going to do, much better to ask them first.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 10:52 AM

That's called opportunity, my son, Get off your arse, Start a business, satisfy a demand.

Only open to dynamic, thinking people who don't expect everything on a plate and everything to be spoon fed by a Nanny State !
Just start a manufacturing business with no capital and no experience? Easy peasy.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Just start a manufacturing business with no capital and no experience? Easy peasy.
Then it makes you wonder how anyone ever started a business, good job everyone didn't take the same view...
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 11:23 AM

I am 70 in April and I was off my arse at 4am this morning. What were you doing?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Then it makes you wonder how anyone ever started a business, good job everyone didn't take the same view...
It's not an ordinary start up business we are discussing but a manufacturing business large enough to revive our manf sector and efficient enough to compete in the global arena. That requires significant capital and expertise. The original industrialists were often already rich.

Setting up small businesses is all well and good but they take years to grow to the scale we require. Even Dyson moved manufacturing abroad. Why?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 11:57 AM

My late best friend started a business in the 80s he saw badly made things coming in from China into the factory he worked in, in his free time he started small making in his garage the items. When he got that going he approached his boss and offered to supply, looking at the quality and that he knew him they agreed a trade. It was two years before he left his job, three before he employed anyone else. Before he died in 2003 he was running three factories supplying many many contracts, employing over three hundred people.

It cost him time and a key was he was working so he could fund the start up hisself. Now I'm pretty sure that's not an uncommon way to start. You don't start with three hundred employees in several places, you start in your garage alone.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

04-01-2018, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
My late best friend started a business in the 80s he saw badly made things coming in from China into the factory he worked in, in his free time he started small making in his garage the items. When he got that going he approached his boss and offered to supply, looking at the quality and that he knew him they agreed a trade. It was two years before he left his job, three before he employed anyone else. Before he died in 2003 he was running three factories supplying many many contracts, employing over three hundred people.

It cost him time and a key was he was working so he could fund the start up hisself. Now I'm pretty sure that's not an uncommon way to start. You don't start with three hundred employees in several places, you start in your garage alone.
Yes and it takes years for one or two people to build up into even one factory, that's if the demand and trading conditions exist. The tech and marketing start ups we have seen are far easier to get off the ground in one or two years. But manufacturing requires large capital investment and time.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top