Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 01:04 PM

The Tarot thread

I'll start with the 4 of swords:

Meaning according to A.E. Waite: The effigy of a knight in the attitude of prayer, at full length upon his tomb.

Divinatory Meanings:
Vigilance, retreat, solitude, hermit's repose, exile, tomb and coffin. It is these last that have suggested the design.

Reversed: Wise administration, circumspection, economy, avarice, precaution, testament.

Additional meanings:
A bad card, but if reversed a qualified success may be expected by wise administration of affairs.

Reversed: A certain success following wise administration.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 01:06 PM

Re: The Tarot thread

Now I wonder who asked for this thread Dreamy.

I will help out as usual.
A card for me please
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 01:11 PM

For you a Major Arcana:

14. Temperance. The winged figure of a female - who, in opposition to all doctrine concerning the hierarchy of angels, is usually allocated to this order of ministering spirits - is pouring liquid from one pitcher to another.
In his last work on the Tarot, Dr. Papus abandons the traditional form and depicts a woman wearing an Egyptian head-dress. The first thing which seems clear on the surface is that the entire symbol has no especial connexion with Temperance, and the fact that this designation has always obtained for the card offers a very obvious instance of a meaning behind meaning, which is the title in chief to consideration in respect of the Tarot as a whole.

Inner Symbolism of the Tarot Temperance Card
A winged angel, with the sign of the sun upon his forehead and on his breast the square and triangle of the septenary. I speak of him in the masculine sense, but the figure is neither male nor female. It is held to be pouring the essences of life from chalice to chalice. It has one foot upon the earth and one upon waters, thus illustrating the nature of the essences.
A direct path goes up to certain heights on the verge of the horizon, and above there is a great light, through which a crown is seen vaguely. Hereof is some part of the Secret of Eternal Life, as it is possible to man in his incarnation. All the conventional emblems are renounced herein.

So also are the conventional meanings, which refer to changes in the seasons, perpetual movement of life and even the combination of ideas. It is, moreover, untrue to say that the figure symbolizes the genius of the sun, though it is the analogy of solar light, realized in the third part of our human triplicity.

It is called Temperance fantastically, because, when the rule of it obtains in our consciousness, it tempers, combines and harmonises the psychic and material natures. Under that rule we know in our rational part something of whence we came and whither we are going.

Divinatory Meaning of the Tarot Temperance Card
Economy, moderation, frugality, management, accommodation.

Reversed: Things connected with churches, religions, sects, the priesthood, sometimes even the priest who will marry the Querent; also disunion, unfortunate combinations, competing interests.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 01:17 PM

Thank you Dreamy
I will do yours later.
Let some others ask.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-01-2018, 01:18 PM

All definitions are from A.E. Waite and the pack used is the Waite/Rider pack.

Mine had better be good; I had a run of bad ones which reflected the health issues I got.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

18-01-2018, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Mine had better be good; I had a run of bad ones which reflected the health issues I got.
I will get them out later.
Good month for Tarot is January.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-01-2018, 01:24 PM

You have to post a picture of the card, though, so everyone can see.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 01:27 PM

How does this work? Do we ask for a card?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-01-2018, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
How does this work? Do we ask for a card?
Yes, ask and I'll randomly select one.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 01:31 PM

Ah, then can I have one please? X

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top