Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 01:38 PM

Re: The Tarot thread

I don't know anything about Tarot cards, but a friend of mine many years ago was into palmistry and I was told I have very interesting and unusual hands. Apparently the creases which run laterally across my hand run all the way across from thumb to little finger. I had assumed everyone's hands did the same, but apparently not.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 01:38 PM

The three of Cups for TessA

Maidens in a garden-ground with cups uplifted, as if pledging one another.

Divinatory Meanings:
The conclusion of any matter in plenty, perfection and merriment; happy issue, victory, fulfilment, solace, healing.

Reversed: Expedition, dispatch, achievement, end. It signifies also the side of excess in physical enjoyment, and the pleasures of the senses.

Additional meanings:
Unexpected advancement for a military man.

Reversed: Consolation, cure, end of the business.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 01:39 PM

Me too please Ffosse (A good one please).
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 01:51 PM

For Longdogs the nine of cups.

A goodly personage has feasted to his heart's content, and abundant refreshment of wine is on the arched counter behind him, seeming to indicate that the future is also assured. The picture offers the material side only, but there are other aspects.

Divinatory Meanings:
Concord, contentment, physical bien-etre; also victory, success, advantage; satisfaction for the Querent or person for whom the consultation is made.

Reversed: Truth, loyalty, liberty; but the readings vary and include mistakes, imperfections, etc.

Additional meanings:
Of good augury for military men.

N.B. None of these are reversed but I can do so if someone wants me to include reversed cards.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 01:55 PM

Ooo! Thanks Ffosse. Looks promising!
I got excited about the military man until I realised it was for and not from.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I don't know anything about Tarot cards, but a friend of mine many years ago was into palmistry and I was told I have very interesting and unusual hands. Apparently the creases which run laterally across my hand run all the way across from thumb to little finger. I had assumed everyone's hands did the same, but apparently not.
I dabbled a bit with palmistry but it was years ago and I wasn't very good at it ... I think it might be called the simian line. I'm not been funny, I think it is.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 02:20 PM

Good thread Ffosse .. and right up my street.

The Nine of Cups is a fantastically upbeat card to get in a spread ... also known as The Wish Card ... which is self-explanatory.
The Rider Waite is a nice deck to use too.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 03:07 PM

Me too....I am shivering, goosebumps as to what the future holds.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-01-2018, 05:37 PM

For Adanac:

The Tarot Hanged Man card is about personal sacrifice, of course. But this figure seems not to be broken, although hanging upside-down. He will bounce right back, as soon as he manages to get free. It's not that he heals easily. The Tarot Hanged Man is one of the few who is not hurt to begin with, as if invulnerable. Maybe that's what tempts other people to use him as a scapegoat.

The Tarot Hanged Man has a halo, and not a small one at that. Hanging from the wooden structure it makes him look a bit like Jesus on the cross. The martyr. He's probably hanging upside-down not to bear too much resemblance to Christ. That would have been blasphemy in the time when this image took its shape.

There's a parallel to the Tarot image of the Hanged Man in the early history of the Christians. The disciple Peter was crucified and asked to be done so upside-down, according to some old sources, because he felt unworthy of the same death as his master.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
For Longdogs the nine of cups.

A goodly personage has feasted to his heart's content, and abundant refreshment of wine is on the arched counter behind him, seeming to indicate that the future is also assured. The picture offers the material side only, but there are other aspects.

Divinatory Meanings:
Concord, contentment, physical bien-etre; also victory, success, advantage; satisfaction for the Querent or person for whom the consultation is made.

Reversed: Truth, loyalty, liberty; but the readings vary and include mistakes, imperfections, etc.

Additional meanings:
Of good augury for military men.

N.B. None of these are reversed but I can do so if someone wants me to include reversed cards.
Well that sounds good, I'm pleased with that.

Thank you Ffosse.

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top