Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 06:18 PM

Re: Jaguar Land Rover to cut UK car production in the coming months amid Brexit fears

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I hope this helps explain things.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/advi...issions-rules/
No, I didn't see anything about where the additional electricity necessary will come from.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 10:34 PM

Re: Jaguar Land Rover to cut UK car production in the coming months amid Brexit fears

Another one of the great unexplainables, a few years ago we were told, if we didn't increase electricity generation, the lights would go out, well, it seems capacity has not been increased, but, we are charging electric vehicles left right and centre, and, the lights are still on, make of it what you will.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Another one of the great unexplainables, a few years ago we were told, if we didn't increase electricity generation, the lights would go out, well, it seems capacity has not been increased, but, we are charging electric vehicles left right and centre, and, the lights are still on, make of it what you will.
I don't know if it is the same in the UK but power saving devices in the form of more efficient white goods and the disappearance of incandescent lighting have made a big difference; average power consumption has dropped and more solar and wind plants have opened including the massive Tesla battery in SA.

We have had no new base load power stations for 30 years but now the age of the existing power stations is becoming a worry, the brown coal Hazelhurst has just shut and the massive coal fired Liddell plant closes in two years. It is a race against time to replace them with more renewables
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 09:23 AM

Less is more, apparently.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
No, I didn't see anything about where the additional electricity necessary will come from.
Hi

I did explain though why they are targeting cars and not HGVs and Buses.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I did explain though why they are targeting cars and not HGVs and Buses.
Nevertheless. If ALL cars in this country, and there must be millions, were to be replaced by electric cars over the next 20 years or so, there is going to be an enormous demand on electricity which, I believe, cannot be met.

I foresee a sudden and frantic construction of millions of windmills. We won't be able to move for them, and even then they won't help. There will be no driving unless the wind is blowing!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top