Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 11:27 PM

The Obama Portraits

I don't really like both of them .
The first of Barack Obama hasn't quiet caught him and what's with all those leaves he looks like he's stuck Ina hedge.
The second of Michelle OBama looks nothing like her in fact I think it's rather insipid and colourless unlike he original.
Still it's subjective

https://www.theguardian.com/artandde...erald-michelle
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 11:39 AM

Re: The Obama Portraits

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don't really like both of them .
The first of Barack Obama hasn't quiet caught him and what's with all those leaves he looks like he's stuck Ina hedge.
The second of Michelle OBama looks nothing like her in fact I think it's rather insipid and colourless unlike he original.
Still it's subjective

https://www.theguardian.com/artandde...erald-michelle
I thought the one of the ex President was ok and not a bad likeness. It does look a little strange him being surrounded by leaves but I still like it.

The one of Michelle Obama is awful as she is a very beautiful woman and has darker skin, and the painting doesn't even look at all like her. The dress she's wearing is very nice and looks good on her but the neutral background colour takes attention away from the dress.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 11:54 AM

Re: The Obama Portraits

The artist hasn't caught the humanity in them both, they just look like boring pictures, not like themselves.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top