Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 01:52 PM

Frozen Onion rings

I have a packet of these - I think I mistakenly thought they were a small packet of oven chips when I bought them.

What foods would go best with them? I know I can just add them to anything I cook but would like some recommendations. I thought I might add them to a macaroni cheese I'm cooking tonight, see what they taste like.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 02:04 PM

Re: Frozen Onion rings

Anything. Macaroni cheese could be fine.

They're quite nice although I've not had them for a long time now.
Have them with mashed potatoes and gravy or just potato. Sausages, omelettes, rice dishes, .. anything you fancy a bit of onion with.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 02:06 PM

I usually have them with Steak, chips, mushrooms, peas and a side salad!

Or, they are nice dipped in a garlic or sour cream dip!

If l buy them, l prefer breaded onion rings to the battered ones but l usually make my own tempura battered onion rings.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 02:06 PM

Onion rings are great and go with pretty much anything.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 02:11 PM

That's good to know - they still have a month's use by date.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
That's good to know - they still have a month's use by date.
Nothing lasts that long in my house.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

24-02-2018, 02:30 PM

Well these were hiding behind a bag of mixed veg in the freezer - quite a find when I wasn't expecting anything. Gosh my life is so exciting this Saturday, waiting to watch a bit of the rugby at a friend's house later on.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 02:34 PM

I have a packet of these - I think I mistakenly thought they were a small packet of oven chips when I bought them.

What foods would go best with them? I know I can just add them to anything I cook but would like some recommendations. I thought I might add them to a macaroni cheese I'm cooking tonight, see what they taste like.
Sausages and mash,

Burgers & Chips,

Fish & chips,

pie, chips & beans,

Endless possibilities!!!
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
If l buy them, l prefer breaded onion rings to the battered ones but l usually make my own tempura battered onion rings.

tempura sounds good, can you give us a recipe please.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 03:04 PM

I like onion rings, on the occasions we have had them ate them with oven chips and battered haddock

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top