Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 04:48 PM

Re: Shoes on or shoes off?

Shoes on. The only other houses I visit are family, and they are the only ones who visit mine. As we are all dog owners, unless wearing wellies, we keep our shoes on, but in any case, we always enter each other's homes through the back door.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 04:59 PM

I always take my shoes off when I go into anyone's house and I take them off in my own home. I hope visitors would take their shoes off in my house, but I would not ask them to (unless it is my children/grandchildren). I also clean the dogs' feet off before they come in and they stand by the door waiting for me to do it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 05:36 PM

I take my shoes off in houses where people want them off, but I don't make people take them off in my house, though I do have friends who go to do it automatically as they enter & I say, they don't need to.
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
We prefer people to remove their shoes, especially if the weather is inclement. I would always remove my shoes if visiting anyone else, I think it is the polite thing to do.
I agree.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 05:44 PM

I always remove my shoes and expect others to do so.
I have spent most of my life in the East and to wear shoes I someone's house is incredibly rude it's even worse here as so many people have carpets as opposed to tiles.
I would not dream of walking over someone's carpets in outdoor shoes.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 05:45 PM

I leave it up to my visitors. We have a tiled hallway so it doesn't matter either way.
Recently I had a salesman, who I'm assuming was Muslim, ask a little sheepishly if it was all right if he took his shoes off before coming in. I assured him it was a common occurrence
At home I wear socks or go barefoot (under floor heating yum!) and always offer to at others'. When in Rome and all that, I think it's only respectful
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 05:50 PM

I wear Crocs around the house, my husband has house shoes.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 05:59 PM

We got new carpets fitted last year as before we had laminate, so they usually know us and ask if they are "okay to to remove their shoes". We fine if they leave them on and if it's been raining they usually wipe them on the mat anyway.

Myself, I wear slippers or just socks.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 06:05 PM

Wipe your feet on the doormat, thats what i bought it for.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Wipe your feet on the doormat, thats what i bought it for.
Exactly!!
I was wondering when someone would mention a doormat!

Edited..I think there was a mention...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top