Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 10:55 PM

Re: Shoes on or shoes off?

The rust-colored iron oxide in the Hawai'ian soil caused me to develop the habit of removing my shoes whenever I went in someone's house. It is pretty much expected there, so I still tend to offer to remove my shoes.

Once you get that volcanic rust in your carpet and clothes, it's impossible to remove.

Now, the head scratcher is what to do with all of these bare-footed dogs and people who come in the house...

Not really. With my revovling door of dogs, kids, and friends coming out of tis place, I gave up carpet (other than the bedrooms) a long time ago.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 11:06 PM

The only person who kicks her footwear off here is my friend Diane, if she calls in on her way home from doing her horses.
She is usually wearing wellies suitably decorated with horse muck, grass, mud, and even the odd bit of dogs muck!
I am quite glad she leaves them outside.

I should think most people who had thick mud on their shoes would have the sense to slip them off, but I have never asked anyone, nor have I been asked.

If everyone took their shoes off when they came indoors here, they would find at least one of them gone missing when they wanted to put them on again.
Young Gertie collects things like that.

As a matter of interest, when I do my yoga classes with the Hindu people, they never enter the hall with their shoes on. They have to be left outside.
Same with their temple (church), no shoes allowed in the temple.
They have loads of racks and shelves in the entrance hall where shoes are expected to be left.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
Curious.....I see a lot of you have mentioned carpeting. Here in Canada many homes are just laminates, hardwood and ceramics. Might be bedroom carpet only.

Is carpet common in the UK?
Laminate and tiles are more common now than they were years ago. We have a combination of carpet and tiles in various rooms. Bathroom and kitchen have hard floors the rest carpets. I think many people choose hard floors because of pets.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top