Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 09:10 PM

Re: The Good Old Days ...

Like every generation there was good & bad we mostly look back with nostalgia.I wonder what todays children will look back on with nostalgia?. We lived in a flat,it had running hot&cold water separate bathroom & loo,but when I was 12 my parents moved to a house ,as Dad wanted a garden,It must have been hard for my Mum,no running hot water,all hot water had to be boiled on the stove,for a bath we had to heat the water upin a big boiler,then pump it through pipes at the top of the kitchen wall to the bathroom next door,when we moved in the boiler was heated with wood & coke but Dad got a gas boiler put in.As for food Mum baked her own bread& cakes, we had a roast on Sunday ,cold meat & chips on Monday,Tuesday either meat pie or stew with the remaining bits,'dinner was mid day ,except for Dad who had his evening after work,bread & jam with a cake & cup of tea in the evening, a milky drink i.e Ovaltine at bedtime,Poridge for breakfast
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 09:46 PM

Dangerous to look back through rose tinted spectacles and a fog of nostalgia. There was a lot of bad stuff in the Good Old Days that gets conveniently forgotten.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 09:49 PM

I haven't forgotten the bad stuff.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
You're not from the UK, tarantula?
The Channel Islands are Crown Dependencies , not part of the UK

Another one here who had a potty under the bed as a child. We didn't move to a house with a bathroom and inside loo until 1968
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
You're not from the UK, tarantula?
No I was born in Guernsey, a Crown Dependency, although my mother was English, poor woman!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top