Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 10:15 AM

Re: Gentlemen

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Where there are Ladies, Gentlemen will not be far.

That is so true Nom, I agree.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 10:58 AM

Last year about 2.30 am in the morning I heard a woman screaming outside my back gate , I looked out the window to see an agressive man shouting at her , she was on the floor , I rang the police who came within minutes . For about 15 mins I watched from the window , the man had disappeared she was standing shivering in the cold with an officer . I popped on my teddy bear onsie and went out to them , I asked them to come into my house for warmth and tea . It turned out to be a domestic . They were with me about an hour and the police took her to the station for protection . I never heard anymore about it and didn't want to , but I did what I did as I hoped any other person would .

The police laughed when I said I'd lost all my street cred wandering around looking like a large teddy bear in front of them !

I think I was fortunate as a friend of mine intervened one night when a man was being attacked outside her home she rang the police who came , the man was helped and taken to hospital but my friend had 2 bricks thrown through her windows later that night , she said she'd never help again . It does make you think though after the event .
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I ways offer if I think somebody is struggling and I always open a door or hold it open whether it be male or female.

I have to say males are polite and thank you more often.
On the subject of opening doors, i always do that. And sometimes i feel as if it's my new job, 'cos while i'm standing there another person will come through ......... then another, then another. I don't expect a thank you, but it would be nice. Sometimes though you'll get a woman say "You don't need to hold the door open for me, just because i'm a lady"
We were talking about this subject a few weeks ago, and one man said when he's been in that position, his stock answer is ....."I'm not holding the door 'cos your a woman, i'm holding it 'cos i'm a gentleman"
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 11:19 AM

I find male strangers very helpful, they open doors or hold doors open for me in shops. I always joke and say, ‘Are you Norman the doorman’?!

Some men, have even taken my used shopping trolley for me and put it back in the trolley area.

Many let me go in front of them in a queue. When l can’t reach something on a high shelf, a passing man will always oblige!

I think, overall.. Gentlemen still exist and chivalry is not dead!

I would never shun the help from a gentleman... l would be grateful!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 11:29 AM

I never help small ladies to reach something off a high shelf at the supermarket....

Instead, I bend down and stick my head between their legs and hutch them up so they can choose the item for themselves....
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I never help small ladies to reach something off a high shelf at the supermarket....

Instead, I bend down and stick my head between their legs and hutch them up so they can choose the item for themselves....
Not funny!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Funny.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 11:39 AM

When I had a front garden I regularly doffed my Panama hat to ladies passing by on the other side of my wall.
In every case I was given a warm smile
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 11:40 AM

I will always offer to help someone if possible. Whether it's helping someone get stuff from the top shelf or carrying heavy objects.

Luckily for me, I was always tall enough to reach the top shelf.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

25-02-2018, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
When I had a front garden I regularly doffed my Panama hat to ladies passing by on the other side of my wall.
In every case I was given a warm smile
What a smoothie.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top