Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 05:37 PM

One for the ladies (probably) - help needed!

OK, this might sound weird but I'm hunting for a particular hanging shower creme bottle. It's got a removable black plastic hook which you take off one end and hang it upside down - easy, there are loads, right? This one however has a very clever valve at the open end which is shut until you squeeze soap out. I had one - broke it - threw it away assuming I could get another one but can't find another anywhere and can't recall where I got it from. The bottle itself is waisted in the middle, if that helps.

It's so much easier than trying to click open the lids of all the other types and I could kick myself for not remembering where it came from. I've tried all the supermarkets, and it wasn't any expensive make.

Can anyone help?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 07:14 PM

Re: One for the ladies (probably) - help needed!

Sorry can't help you with that one Eccles, but maybe you could do what I did, I too was sick of clicking open the tops of Shampoo and Shower Gel, so I bought one of those
"just press the button" chrome containers that you usually see in hotels, where you just fill them up from the original bottles and hey presto, no more problems with clicking those pesky tops off the original containers (especially when one doesn't put the top back on properly and it slowly oozes out without you noticing! )grrrr.

I now have a double one on the shower wall for shampoo and shower gel, and I have also put one on the wall by the kitchen sink, they're inexpensive, clean, convenient, you can see very clearly when they near needing to be refilled, and look rather smart.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	soap container 1.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	5232  
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 07:53 PM

Can you remember what its called Eccles?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Can you remember what its called Eccles?

I think that is what eccles is asking us susie.
Eccles, why not have a look through somewhere like Amazon shower gells and see if you recognise yours?
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 07:15 AM

If I knew the name I could find it! But I've already Googled all the shower bottles I can find and can't see the damn thing - it's driving me nuts.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 08:12 AM

Have a Bath instead?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 11:21 AM

Soap on a rope.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 11:25 AM

Now Eccles think hard...where did you buy it?!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 11:59 AM

What shops do you normally go to for buying Shower Gels, Shampoos etc.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 12:28 PM

There’s lots on EBay, probably Amazon too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top