Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 08:37 PM

Re: Blue jeans that are torn

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
No Nicol, You're just morphing into your mum, like me! It had to eventually happen.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 08:41 PM

Hey Blue...my jeans are torn in the same places as yours are. hahaha Perhaps on our next meeting we should both wear our torn ones and be twins...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 08:44 PM

It's funny you should mention this because I often see young people on the train wearing this style and I think it's amazing because they are good looking people but all I can see is their knobbly knee!

I remember having similar jeans myself in the 80s when there was a bit of a fashion for it, but those were old skin-tight stretch jeans that had been washed and washed to create a nice combination of pale bits where worn (like the bottom!) and had started to naturally fray at the knees.

If you can carry them off with confidence then go for it. In the last two years I've finally dropped jeans in favour of comfy yoga bottoms. It's been really liberating!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 08:51 PM

I don't like jeans - or anything else - with rips in them. I know it is the fashion but, to me, it just looks scruffy. My jeans are reserved for decorating and gardening only. Have a few pairs of trousers for working around the house or going down to the village shops - other than that I am not really a 'trouser' person.
Beautiful Filly
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's funny you should mention this because I often see young people on the train wearing this style and I think it's amazing because they are good looking people but all I can see is their knobbly knee!

I remember having similar jeans myself in the 80s when there was a bit of a fashion for it, but those were old skin-tight stretch jeans that had been washed and washed to create a nice combination of pale bits where worn (like the bottom!) and had started to naturally fray at the knees.

If you can carry them off with confidence then go for it. In the last two years I've finally dropped jeans in favour of comfy yoga bottoms. It's been really liberating!
OMGoodness AnnieS...I too love my yoga pants and you're right they are comfort personified...
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 09:04 PM

Wear what you like with pride - there's no need to feel embarrassed.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 09:06 PM

I wonder what the kids today would think of the jeans we wore when we were younger. Going into Jean Machine in Oxford Street to buy my jeans. Struggling to get into them in a tiny cubicle with saloon type doors, then having to come out into the main shop for the shop assistant (usually a fella) do up the zip for you with a coat hanger hook because that was the only way to do the zip up. (if you could do it up yourself, they didn't fit you correctly).

Once you were home and wanted to wear them, you had to lie on the bed to do them up or it was impossible to do. (I never ate if I knew I was wearing them.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	jeans 1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	5234   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeans2.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	5235   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeans 3.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	5236  
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 09:08 PM

I remember buying shrink to fit jeans and sitting in the bath in them
Greenhorn
England
Greenhorn is male  Greenhorn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Do you like the blue jeans that are worn mostly by young people? The ones with the holes in them.

Do you think anyone is "too old" to wear these jeans?

I bought a pair. I am not fat, and I have good legs (long and slender).....I think they look cool on me.....but they have been in the closet for two months, I am afriad to put them on in case I get ridiculed. My son hasn't even seen them on me yet.

I also have a pair of shorts the same way and I wore them a lot last year, and it seemed ok with the shorts and a TeeShirt...but what about these jeans now......

Madam, being from Canada it's probably too cold (never mind old ) to be wearing them if they're ripped ...

Personally I don't like them, but fashions change ... I feel like handing out some cash and saying "buy yourself a new pair", but that's just grumpy old Greenhorn ...
Beautiful Filly

25-02-2018, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Greenhorn ->
Madam, being from Canada it's probably too cold (never mind old ) to be wearing them if they're ripped ...

Personally I don't like them, but fashions change ... I feel like handing out some cash and saying "buy yourself a new pair", but that's just grumpy old Greenhorn ...
I'm just going to jump in here and let you know...that these jeans are in fashion and one purchases them already torn.

Buying a new pair isn't the point, as these are not old nor are they tattered... I know this because mine are the same as Blue's...

As for it being cold in Canada right now...today is very mild and seems like a spring day...

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top