Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 09:29 PM

Re: Jaguar Land Rover to cut UK car production in the coming months amid Brexit fears

We have all got the message that it won't include financial services because no trade deal has ever included financial services in the history of trade deals.......a separate agreement on financial services will be made.

It will include cars tho' because we buy so many beamers!
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 10:08 PM

Re: Jaguar Land Rover to cut UK car production in the coming months amid Brexit fears

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
A combination of Diesel legislation and brexit fears mean that they plan to reduce production in Q2 of 2018.

"“Ongoing uncertainty surrounding Brexit is being felt by customers at home and in Europe,” the company said, according to Reuters."

So why are the government introducing confusing new diesel rule changes at the same time as Brexit? Surely that isn't a priority at a time like this.

http://www.cityam.com/279261/jaguar-...ng-months-amid
What has Brexit to do with this , NOTHING. Thats it blame Brexit for everything
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
What has Brexit to do with this , NOTHING. Thats it blame Brexit for everything
just like certain people blame the EU for things that are not of their making?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Gosh......are we still blaming Brexit for everything?

The business of Gov't and protection of our health and the environment should continue regardless of Brexit.

Using Brexit is an easy get out for business wanting to disseminate negative news.

Most manufacturers are increasing production so my guess is they simply aren't competing on quality in their part of the marketplace.

That's business for you, Annie. Something you seem to have limited experience of.
Coincidentally, I have just posted a reply on a different thread about the government's attitude to diesel cars and their apparent persecution of diesel car drivers.

It must be an outstanding example of lunacy (or corruption) to do this and, at the same time, ignore the presence of all those diesel HGVs, busses and locomotives.

I sometimes wonder whether this is yet another diktat from the EU mandarins.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 07:41 AM

Well, it's well documented that diesel cars are bad for the environment and bad for public health.......btw I own a diesel van as I'm a Joiner by trade.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 09:24 AM

Well, it's well documented that diesel cars are bad for the environment and bad for public health.......btw I own a diesel van as I'm a Joiner by trade.
I accept that, but why aren't they penalising HGVs, busses and locomotives?

I think we all know the answer.

Then, of course, there are places like China where they use diesel freely, burn coal and god knows what other things.

I reckon that if we give it a few more years, and possibly a change of government, and we'll see penalties being applied to petrol vehicle drivers!

Horses and carts. That's the answer!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I

Bring back the milkman!

Glass Bottles and free manure!
Moscow
Scotland

27-01-2018, 12:06 PM

I accept that, but why aren't they penalising HGVs, busses and locomotives?

I think we all know the answer.

Then, of course, there are places like China where they use diesel freely, burn coal and god knows what other things.

I reckon that if we give it a few more years, and possibly a change of government, and we'll see penalties being applied to petrol vehicle drivers!

I think the answer is electric or hybrid vehicles...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-01-2018, 03:44 PM

I think the answer is electric or hybrid vehicles...
The next question, which has been discussed of course, is where will they get the electricity needed?

Also, if you are a long distance lorry or bus driver, how often will you need to stop and recharge your batteries?

I'm sure the government and their eco-warriors haven't thought about this yet!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 04:55 PM

The next question, which has been discussed of course, is where will they get the electricity needed?

Also, if you are a long distance lorry or bus driver, how often will you need to stop and recharge your batteries?

I'm sure the government and their eco-warriors haven't thought about this yet!
Hi

I hope this helps explain things.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/advi...issions-rules/

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top