Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 09:14 AM

Re: It used to be thought the summer months..

And "Howards Way" (minus any modern CAD).
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 10:26 AM

We usually watch a film on a Saturday, last night it was Thor ragnorock, although the last few Saturdays we have been watching the new Star Trek.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Bring back "Gladiators".
The first 5 series (at least ) were repeated last year on Challenge TV.

Having been besotted with Jet doing anything and Lightning on the overhead rings, I thought I'd just watch a couple of episodes out of curiosity ..... mistake .....

I was hooked again .....

Sadly, Jet (Diane Youdale) retired before Series 5 after being injured during a live show in Sheffield on Pyramid .....

I continued watching Series 5, however, because the son of a neighbour was a contender Interestingly, both of her sons applied but the big lad, 6'7 and built like Shadow, was rejected on "safety" grounds (but we all knew it was because he could match any Gladiator and win). Anyway, the other son participated but did not progress beyond the first round.

Sadly, the quality of the series deteriorated after that .....

IIRC, Sky transmitted a "reboot" of the series which flopped.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top