Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:21 AM

Would you/Could you watch ...

... a TV series or drama if you did not like the lead actor?

I am currently watching some old DVDs (in the vain hope of thinning out the collection) and one series that I really enjoyed seeing again was "Waking the Dead". Thing is - I loathe Trevor Eve - absolutely cannot stand the man - but the series itself is so fascinating I can ignore him completely.

Have to admit the early series with Claire Goose and Holly Aird as part of the team were the best. When 'they' changed the cast they changed the dynamics of the show.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:27 AM

Re: Would you/Could you watch ...

Yes I would ST if the Drama is good.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:37 AM

I am watching Designated Survivor and could not stand the actress playing the president's wife but I still continued to watch.

Three episodes back they had the character killed off....I am happier now.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 11:21 AM

I have a big problem with Daniel Mays. He's been in some good stuff, some was easy to ignore his part but others not so much.

Mr and Mrs Biggs was a problem.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 11:54 AM

No.

If I don't like an actor then I find their presence a distraction.

OTOH, some actors can hold my attention in almost anything they do.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 02:35 PM

I have no interest in the actors themselves, only the character they are playing.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 02:56 PM

It would irritate me if I didn't like the main leads in the film/play I was watching.

For example - For me only Ken Stott could play the Rebus character. I think I must have read every Rebus book since I first watched the series on TV. In my imagination/ interpretation of the books I have followed him into old age/retirement from the police force. Ken Stott is Rebus for me and Ian Rankin should be so happy that Ken Stott played Rebus in the TV versions.

Aero
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 03:59 PM

A good actor makes you believe the character that you don't see the actor

It's when you watch something and all you can see is the actor playing the part, then it's time to switch off
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I have a big problem with Daniel Mays. He's been in some good stuff, some was easy to ignore his part but others not so much.

Mr and Mrs Biggs was a problem.
Same here with Daniel Mays, Nicol.
The last series of Line Of Duty had him in it and I was pleased when he was killed off tbh.

In the film world, I dislike Christian Bale. I think he's the most po-faced, gloomy actor. Mark Warlberg has a similar effect.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top