Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Medea
East Sussex
Medea is female 

14-03-2018, 11:37 AM

Shetland

I put in a quick search but could not find an up to date thread on Shetland. This is a superb series and I still have no idea who dunnit. The acting is very good, there are red herrings galore and I do like Douglas Henshall. Anyone else watching it and any theories on the killer or killers?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 12:09 PM

Re: Shetland

yes im watching it and i usually watch it on Iplayer , ive got to watch the last episode or two ..I do think the deaf woman is a key to the killings , I even thought she might have been the killer at one stage ..
The retired copper bothers me too, whats he hiding .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 07:22 PM

I've been watching it as well & was never any good at working out a killer anyway. I have no idea, I am enjoying it though, the acting, direction & scenery are super.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 09:57 PM

Ive been watching it too .....wasn't sure at first but have got right in to it.
Just the final episode to go now!

Must admit I missed parts of the early couple of episodes as I was doing a jigsaw at the same time!!

I thought the car mechanic who helped framed short beardy angry guy( forgotten name) was going to be the killer but it's looking like the Herr Flick guy whose married to his ex might be a prime suspect!
Medea
East Sussex
Medea is female 

15-03-2018, 12:51 PM

Do you mean Duncan? I think Duncan is probably the father of Alan guy he doesn't want seeing his daughter but I think the ex policeman may have been the murderer of Lizzie and his daughter's killer may have been Alan's mother. Very complicated and very well acted especially the Malone character who is pitiful and repulsive in equal measure.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 12:54 PM

Whilst we enjoy Shetland, we think the story could have been done and dusted in no more than two episodes.
Medea
East Sussex
Medea is female 

15-03-2018, 03:28 PM

Oh no that would be a shame especially with the Norwegain sub plot and all the other revelations.' Strike was in 2 episodes and was extremely rushed leaving out quite a bit.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Medea ->
Oh no that would be a shame especially with the Norwegain sub plot and all the other revelations.' Strike was in 2 episodes and was extremely rushed leaving out quite a bit.
I thought that bit was boring.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 05:15 PM

To many crime progs on TV now, crime and criminals are being glorified to an extent never seen before on TV, IMO its all wrong.
Medea
East Sussex
Medea is female 

15-03-2018, 05:37 PM

In what way are criminals being glorified - can you name a programme as I am interested.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top