Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2014, 05:45 PM

Re: Getting Inventive

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I am in awe Paul. So precise & detailed. Is this a new SPITFIRE evolving? What other skills have you been keeping quiet about? Well done you.
Five years ago I replaced the Central Heating system, three years I built the Conservatory, a couple of years ago I built a hall extension on the front of the house, and I have just replaced four double glazed windows. I used to do a lot of building work, but tend to be too fastidious on stuff no one will ever see again, my pet hate is seeing central heating pipes in the corner of rooms and along skirtings.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2014, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Five years ago I replaced the Central Heating system, three years I built the Conservatory, a couple of years ago I built a hall extension on the front of the house, and I have just replaced four double glazed windows. I used to do a lot of building work, but tend to be too fastidious on stuff no one will ever see again, my pet hate is seeing central heating pipes in the corner of rooms and along skirtings.
More and more like me Hubs Spittie - get it done while you can, then you can sit back and gaze at your hard work !
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2014, 05:56 PM

Patsy, a good example of how obsessive it can get, when it gets a bit cooler, I have the patio area to finish off, it is about 25 sq metres, a solid 3 inch concrete base has been laid (beginning of this year), and a block paviour perimeter set, I have the slabs already which will be set into an inch of mortar, if I see any weeds come up through that lot, there will be hell to pay.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2014, 06:00 PM

Patsy, a good example of how obsessive it can get, when it gets a bit cooler, I have the patio area to finish off, it is about 25 sq metres, a solid 3 inch concrete base has been laid (beginning of this year), and a block paviour perimeter set, I have the slabs already which will be set into an inch of mortar, if I see any weeds come up through that lot, there will be hell to pay.
Phew - the weeds will need muscles !
You and me Hubs take time to get the work done but at least its a good and 'neat' job to admire ........
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

25-07-2014, 06:06 PM

Too right, if I was a professional Builder, I'd be bankrupt in a month.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-07-2014, 06:37 PM

Too right, if I was a professional Builder, I'd be bankrupt in a month.
Exactly ! And - Hubs usually finds fault with the work, just not a neat enough finish for him so, we've only used pros twice in married life
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

01-08-2014, 04:02 PM

Bloody typical, been very busy working and it has been hot so delayed laying the Patio. Work is going to be quiet until mid August which is a relief so I can crack on, saw the weather forecast today and it looks like heavy rain for the next few days, sods law.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2014, 08:03 PM

Best to leave it til then Spitty, rust is not conducive to the creative process, one must always avoid getting ones brains wet, or even damp for that matter.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2014, 04:56 PM

Agree with everyone else. Inventive and clever. Well done you. (I love woodwork and miss it. Have no projects ATM.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top