Join for free
Page 14 of 20 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK
Tess is female  Tess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2014, 02:40 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Midlothian Scotland

Well I'm sitting here all dressed up and ready to go, the nerves are kicking in, keep telling myself it's only for a few hours, nothing ventured nothing gained and all that. I have no excuse or reason not to go and every reason to go but I do find this sort of thing very daunting. Goes back to my childhood when my spirit was destroyed by my abuser and it's blighted the whole of my life. PMA positive mental attitude.....kick ass....I'm good at advising others not so good at practicing what I preach though
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2014, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tess ->
Well I'm sitting here all dressed up and ready to go, the nerves are kicking in, keep telling myself it's only for a few hours, nothing ventured nothing gained and all that. I have no excuse or reason not to go and every reason to go but I do find this sort of thing very daunting. Goes back to my childhood when my spirit was destroyed by my abuser and it's blighted the whole of my life. PMA positive mental attitude.....kick ass....I'm good at advising others not so good at practicing what I preach though
Awww,You can always make Your excuses and leave Kid, but I'm sure all will be well...go for it and enjoy it
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2014, 02:49 PM

Relax Tess dont be nervous,its just a day in your life,i really hope you have a nice time
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2014, 04:33 PM

Hello everyone. What a beautiful day it's turned out here. We went a drive up to the Gleniffer Braes and had a wee walk and sit down to admire the view of Paisley

May, 16 is the average size of women these days, so you are not in the least overweight. I'd love to get into a 16 again - I've a wardrobe full of 16's from last year. I'm trying to cut down and get back into them. I'm now in 18's
Sounds like your family had a lovely holiday up north and yes, the beaches are beautiful in Scotland too, not just the Med

Tess - get out there girl and have a great day. Don't let the past spoil it for the future. I've suffered the same, and know how it never leaves you, but you are a strong person who is entitled to have a bit of fun. Sometimes when you think you won't enjoy something then that's when you bloomin well do I'm so glad you're on holiday. Hope you have a great two weeks
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK
Tess is female  Tess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2014, 10:15 PM

I did go and enjoyed it. Met some nice people and have now broken the ice so next time hopefully will be a bit easier. We saw some live bands in the beer garden of a pub. Then we were due to disperse at 8 pm. Around 20 of us decided to attend a comedy act in the venue next door, however it was a very small dark room in the attic with seating for 35 people and as the room filled to capacity I suddenly panicked and got all claustrophobic and left before it started. Pity because I would have enjoyed it. Nevertheless I'm proud of myself for going in the first instance and thanks for your encouragement and support. It's not easy being me I can tell you
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2014, 10:24 PM

Pleased to hear you enjoyed it ,
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 07:09 AM

Good Morning Each from a dull drizzly Glasgow,don't know what I'll be doing Today,no gardening that's for sure,

Glad You enjoyed most of Your outing Tess,it's always easier the second time,

I was quite happy being a stone over My ideal weight Myra and being a size 14,but these extra few LBs are causing Me prob's with My arthritis in back/knees,so have been cutting down the past few days,but I've been invited out for lunch Tomorrow and Monday so will have to see how I behave My self,don't hold out much hope
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 07:37 AM

Good morning all.

Tess I'm glad you got on well yesterday. That will build your confidence up for next time

Yes May, it's not so nice here either. Need to take our waterproofs today.

We're off on a busrun with the Ramblers. Bus to Lochearnhead, then walking to Killin.

Have a nice day everyone whatever you are up to x
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK

02-08-2014, 09:07 AM

Good morning all from dreary Penicuik......last shift before two whole weeks off woop woop

Your walk sounds great Myra.

Two years ago I weighed 66 lbs more than I do now. I was a size 18, never in my life did I think I would be that size. So I made lifestyle changes cut out booze and started exercising. I lost 66 lbs in 6 months and work at keeping it off. I'm now a size 10 never thought I'd be that size again.........last time would have been over 30 years ago. It takes a lot of getting used to I still look at size 10's in the shop and think I'll never fit into that but I do.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

02-08-2014, 06:34 PM

Evenin' Folks,well the rain hasn't halted all day..Hope it stays away Tomorrow as I'm off to Loch Lomondside for the Day,

Good for You Tess in getting down to a size 10 ,the last time I was that size I'd be about 15,all skin n bone,,

It's quite easy once You get into a healthy eating plan,but it's the keeping it off for more than a Year or two that's My problem.

Page 14 of 20 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top