Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 10:44 PM

Re: Stay Away From Pet Treats Made in China

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Ours love carrot, and I make liver and garlic cake for them, they also like salmon skins dried in the oven until they are crispy. Whiting too baked until crisp but not too often as they seem to prefer them to their food and can't risk putting Betty off for any reason.

Sounds wonderful Julie - can I bring mine round for tea too?
I have got 2 or 3 doggy cook books, but never seem to have time lately to cook anything. I liked the Lilly's Kitchen cookbook very much.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Two types of treats I buy my dog just happened to be made in Ireland! Who would've thought? One is Ol' Roy, WalMart brand of a particular dog treat. The other one she likes is bought at the Dollar Store so I was concerned because Dollar Stores are notorious for Made in China items. I was quite shocked to see this product was also made in Ireland

Is Ireland safe?
As far as I know, Ol' Roy is made by a company in Tennesse.
This is a couple of years old, so I don't know how valid it is today, but might be worth a read:

http://www.change.org/petitions/walm...t-this-product
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sounds wonderful Julie - can I bring mine round for tea too?
I have got 2 or 3 doggy cook books, but never seem to have time lately to cook anything. I liked the Lilly's Kitchen cookbook very much.
They would be very welcome, mind you have to be quick with a Labrador puppy who loves her food it's all hoovered up double quick time !

The liver cake only takes minutes to mix and 20 minutes in the oven really easy to do.
chris
hebrides.uk
chris is female  chris has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 07:37 PM

My wee dogs love chicken. Boiled with no additives. No skin or bones. One is a rescue dog & she's diabetic. Never has any adverse effect on her. They all get rice & no additives. Think we tend to add ingredients to the dogs foods as we know that it tastes better that way. They don't need extras unless we introduce them. All our dogs get wet dog food and dry with a mix of usually chicken. So far so good. We love our dogs & don't want to cause any harm to them.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 12:21 PM

All my dogs get a small amount of wet food water added to make a soupy gravy for the dry food that is mixed in.

Pete, by dog with the bad knees needs to take off some weight, so he now gets his wet food with half his ration of dry and the balance is frozen cut green beans. He looks like he has slimmed down a bit and his knees have improved a lot.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 01:38 PM

That's just how we found out about carrots, our late Duncan was on steroids so hungry all the time and we bulked out his food with carrots and used them as treats to keep his weight down.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 01:54 PM

My dog likes carrots too! I didn't know about being careful with treats from China, so thanks for that.
Audrey - my dog always gets slightly runny poo if she is fed some chicken left over from our meal. Maybe because it has been roasted?
Funnily enough, we have to be careful with my husband's diet because of hiatus hernia - and this sometimes upsets him a little too - though at the other end! It causes gastric reflux.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
My dog likes carrots too! I didn't know about being careful with treats from China, so thanks for that.
Audrey - my dog always gets slightly runny poo if she is fed some chicken left over from our meal. Maybe because it has been roasted?
Funnily enough, we have to be careful with my husband's diet because of hiatus hernia - and this sometimes upsets him a little too - though at the other end! It causes gastric reflux.
TRy frozen green beans... crunchy and they like them added to dry food.

I am flabbergasted at the chicken problem. I have only given the boiled... no seasoning... no bone or skin.. and each time.. they get sick.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
As far as I know, Ol' Roy is made by a company in Tennesse.
This is a couple of years old, so I don't know how valid it is today, but might be worth a read:

http://www.change.org/petitions/walm...t-this-product
Hi Jackie, these are the treats I got for our dog from Walmart Made in Ireland it says, the DollarStore treats are similar altho not yogurt & smaller, plus say Made in Ireland.

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Ol-Roy-...-Dogs/13281900
AudreyII
USA

25-06-2014, 12:11 PM

I would have no problem purchasing treats made in Ireland, or any country that I know has regularions on the process and does not load them up with poisons. I have a problem with China. They do NOT have the regulations or oversights on their process. Their rivers and streams are toilets for crying out loud. I also do not want to purchase anything produced in Latin America.. I don't trust them either.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top