Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 03:25 PM

Mind the Superglue!

Sam, the West Highland White Terrier ripped up a tube of Superglue - and stuck his jaws firmly together. He was rushed by his owners to their vet in Cardiff, Wales, where his jaws were opened after a two hour operation.

And what about this daft snippet . . .

A tape of a dog barking will be amplified from the roof of a 16-storey building in Tilburg, Holland, in a bid to start a mass yapping across Europe.

I reckon my youngster heard it yesterday because she kept yapping - till I threatened her
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 03:43 PM

Re: Mind the Superglue!

Poor dog ! Must have been awful for him ......
As for the amplification of barking - feel for the neighbours !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 03:51 PM

Poor dog and what's the betting he doesn't learn from it either !

As for barking well I would be livid mine only bark indoors when they hear another outside so it would set them off and with my neighbours who complain at the slightest yap I would be in trouble.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 06:05 PM

Poor dog, I never keep the stuff in the house Mups, it's far too dangerous, I have a couple of tubes of the 'Gel' superglue stowed away in my shed, the gel if far safer to use as it only comes out in tiny blobs, the other stuff runs like water all over the place and is much harder to control.
A tip if you use it, always wrap the tube in a little bit of bubble wrap, then put it into a small plastic sealable bag and keep it upright, otherwise the air and cold will get at it and make it one useless solid lump.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2014, 06:37 AM

Will the owner learn from it too? Mine is always kept away in a cupboard, high up. With animals and grandchildren always around safety is always uppermost in my mind.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Poor dog and what's the betting he doesn't learn from it either !

As for barking well I would be livid mine only bark indoors when they hear another outside so it would set them off and with my neighbours who complain at the slightest yap I would be in trouble.

Doubt it Julie, but sure hope the careless owners do!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top