Join for free
Page 12 of 28 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 06:06 PM

Re: Gina Miller Poking her Nose in again !!

How can you make the country work together when more than half that country's residents do not believe in the cause? I say more than half because there are plenty of people living here who were not eligible to vote because they are not citizens. So yes it's a bit of an unrealistic expectation.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 06:17 PM

Hi
I voted leave with my eyes wide open.
Boris and Co made huge promises which they cannot deliver.
In that respect they are lying as much as Corbyn.
I am hoping we have a complete change.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
The sad part is, all the rest of us will suffer, not just the Brexiters, but I do hope they and their families get a double dose of the misery because it's worse for them because they know they caused it themselves and that every knows they are responsible. It will cause permanent alienation among families and friends.

What you will be to blame for will be so unpleasant I doubt you'll take the blame gladly, more likely you'll try to blame everyone else.

Expect no apologies, because there is no way it can go well, although I'm sure the Brexiters will try to put a positive spin on for as long as they can rather than admit they are wrong.

As for telling me to get out of here, I don't think you have that authority, in any language, do you?
Strangely enough, when I voted to leave, I voted for myself, no one else. The constant silly remarks made by remoaners just proves I was right not to consider them.

Put a sock in it the lot of you!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
How can you make the country work together when more than half that country's residents do not believe in the cause? I say more than half because there are plenty of people living here who were not eligible to vote because they are not citizens. So yes it's a bit of an unrealistic expectation.
If they are not citizens why should they be allowed to vote?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 06:52 PM

Hi

The success or failure depends on the Politicians.
They are not doing well.

So far they have not delivered on one single promise.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-02-2018, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The success or failure depends on the Politicians.
They are not doing well.

So far they have not delivered on one single promise.
I can't remember any politician that has.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Ok I'll take the blame I stupidly thought when I voted that a vote to leave would be what was needed to get our country back on track, out from the boot of the eu. That once we made a decision we'd all, yes ALL go forward together and make it work. I really didn't see it coming that whining and whinging remainers would actually try and make it fail just to prove their point was right and leavers were wrong.

It seems to me if we fail it's because we haven't worked together and made it work.

Our politicians are weak looking at them now I do wonder if they are up to the job or will they do what many remainers are doing and deliberately make this fail ?

So yes my fault, I believed in uk, I believed we were same strong independent people we have always been, willing to work to make things work. I see now how wrong I was. So if it does all go wrong I take the blame sadly I believed in us all.
If you really believed that leaving the EU would get our country back on track, then yes, I think you were both stupid an naive. It was never the EU that took us off track but the decisions of successive Tory governments and now your dragging us out of the EU you've left us at their mercy, without the protection of EU regulations.

"We" didn't make the decision, you and your pals did. It was never possible to make Brexit work for our countries good, why on earth would those of us who could see that work with you to enable it?

Describing those who disagree with you as whinging and whining is just your attempt to belittle them and their point of view. We are not trying to make Brexit fail, no need, because there was never any possibility of it succeeding, we are just trying to protect ourselves and our country from the harm you are hell bent on doing.

When Brexit fails, it won't be because we haven't worked together, it will be because you fell for the Brexiter have you cake and eat it lies and propaganda and voted for something with no good outcomes.

Our politicians are for the most part self-serving hypocrites like Theresa May, carrying on with Brexit despite knowing it will damage our country. They are not trying to make Brexit fail, just trying to make sure they are "I'm alright Jack" when it does. Did you really believe they cared about you and your family?

I don't think you voted Brexit because you believed in the UK, I think you did it because you fell for the anti EU propaganda and thought leaving would be the magic bullet to cure all ills. Instead of being proud of our modern, liberal country and joining the fight to protect our people from those who really threaten their well being, our own politicians and governments, exploitative big business and the reactionaries, you let yourself be conned into making scapegoats of the EU, immigrants, liberals and intellectuals and voted to condemn us to a new Dark Age.

Yes, when you, your children and all the rest of us are suffering, you will be to blame, And it will take a long time for our strong independent people to undo the harm you've done them.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Strangely enough, when I voted to leave, I voted for myself, no one else. The constant silly remarks made by remoaners just proves I was right not to consider them.

Put a sock in it the lot of you!
Of course you did, all the wrinkly Brexiters did it for "I'm alright Jack" reasons. The damage you've gleefully done others is nothing to be proud of and you will be hated for it for a long time

The constant arrogant stupid remarks made by Brexiters proves that they don't consider anyone but themselves and we should make sure they don't do further damage our people and our country by making them "put a sock in it"
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If they are not citizens why should they be allowed to vote?
They may not have a vote but they certainly have political influence.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You think many of us really want to make things work under a Tory rule, I try my best who ever is at the top despite thinking they are completely and utterly devoid of humanity. Head down get on with doing what I personally can to help. Ok I have an occasional moan at events as they happen but I don't carry on like remainers blaming everyone that voted them in.

Democracy means who ever wins by one vote gets a chance to run things. That's our system.

Page 12 of 28 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top