Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 06:59 PM

Re: The KEY points of Cameron's EU deal are up for debate.

They could still go and vote for nobody or everybody.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
It doesn't matter what Sturgeon wants, if the Scottish electorate have a majority vote to come out she will have to abide by that decision.
Hi

I disagree.

Sturgeon holds a lot of sway amongst the Scottish Electorate.

She is solely focused on what is best for Scotland, not for the rest of the UK which funds Scotland for an enormous amount of money.

Her influence could well tip the balance as to whether the UK as a whole votes in or out.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
So what should they do if they fundamentally don't believe in the validity of the voting system itself, or if they fundamentally believe that the whole voting process doesn't change anything because the true unelected rulers of the country will carry on ruling regardless?
You know, you make a good point. I suspect that many people don't see any value in voting for the reasons you give.

Laziness, I can't agree with, but making a point I can well understand these days. As Tessa says, if I felt that bad about voting and certainly if none of the people standing in my constituency were worth voting for, I think I might spoil my paper or, more likely, write down exactly what I think of them. If many people did that the press would jump on the story and the news would spread. I think that might make certain politicians sit up and think.

Naturally, in the next GE I'll vote for my local UKIP representative and, should there not be one, I'll say what I think about it on the ballot paper.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 08:53 PM

I think you can be prosecuted for deliberately spoiling your ballot paper.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
No you cant.

Think a lot of lefties think you should.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Sorry, my pencil slipped!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
We will get to vote in June.

Think it will be a vote to leave.

Scotland will have the biggest vote to leave.

They then WILL say we do not agree with leaving the EU and then vote to leave the UK and stay in the EU.

So if we leave its a win win situation.
Well said , if it gets rid of the awful Sturgeon, what could be better.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
The only way we entered in the first place was because those who didn't bother to vote were deemed to be for joining.

it will be exactly the same this time. it is estimated that less than 60% of the population will bother to vote so yet again they too will be deemed to be for joining.

This time I think those who don't vote should be heavily fined and given a criminal record. People who don't vote in my opinion loose the right to talk about how the country is run or by whatever party in power
How long does it take to go to the voting place and put a X on a bit of paper? You spend more time eating a meal than voting
I don"t really agree with that REAL, we have moved on so very far and and people are realising how the EU is trying to control us, which I do think wasn"t supposed happen. just saying.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 12:11 AM

Is your voter number on the paper? Can they trace it back to you? If so it's not confidential and it should be!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 11:52 AM

I have wondered about this for some time, if you notice there is a number on the voting slip and they tick your name off on a list, but I'm not sure if they write that number against your name. I shall watch more closely in future.

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top